PDA

View Full Version : Chin Lake ice fishing spot

fisher69
01-01-2022, 01:53 PM
Not looking for hot spots to fish at, just wondering where a good spot to park and get into the ice easily is. I was there in the fall and parked at the bridge but due to low water level it was quite a ways down over the rocks, I parked on the north east side of the bridge. It seems like it would be a pain to get down to the ice from there, but I haven't been there in winter yet so maybe it's actually easier to get down? Or is there a better place to park anyone knows of?

Thanks

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Sundancefisher
01-01-2022, 03:15 PM
Not looking for hot spots to fish at, just wondering where a good spot to park and get into the ice easily is. I was there in the fall and parked at the bridge but due to low water level it was quite a ways down over the rocks, I parked on the north east side of the bridge. It seems like it would be a pain to get down to the ice from there, but I haven't been there in winter yet so maybe it's actually easier to get down? Or is there a better place to park anyone knows of?

Thanks

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

The road 182

Chin Lake Campground

?

fed
01-01-2022, 06:58 PM
Be aware under the bridge. Vehicles have gone through there and the ice is always bad under it.

fisher69
01-02-2022, 12:12 AM
went out there this afternoon, parked at the northwest side of the bridge and there was a decent path down to the lake, looks like some quads have been out there already, made pulling the sled a bit easier. might try going out on twp 182 next time, it is one of my favorite numbers after all.

was about 18 inches out there today in case anyone was wondering.

i was testing out my underwater camera today, second time using it, and i saw a walleye coming up to grab my lure, he opened up his mouth and i got so excited seeing it that i tried the set the hook and start reeling right away, but then quickly realized he hadn't actually bitten it yet lol. that was the only luck i had today he didn't go for it again, but boy was it exciting seeing him go after the lure like that, more fun than the tiny perch i saw when i took the cam to enchant last week.

oh and thanks for the info on the bridge, i was curious about what it would be like to ice fish under the bridge, but figured it could likely be a bad idea so didn't go near it anyways.