PDA

View Full Version : job opening at CBC

Yukongold
01-04-2022, 08:07 AM
https://tarahenley.substack.com/p/speaking-freely?utm_campaign=post&utm_medium=web&fbclid=IwAR0z7NygIaZTo9kCBBUg5tzry49SRj9MOc4EaSgKI 3cP_TwNTJBPoFg_InE

Many of you on AO already know this nonsense going on- this is written by someone who was there.

58thecat
01-04-2022, 08:12 AM
Someone didn’t get the promotion:sHa_
Now they are butt hurt....next!

ghfalls
01-04-2022, 08:21 AM
I find global and CBC both unbearable.

Trochu
01-04-2022, 08:23 AM
Good for her.

marky_mark
01-04-2022, 08:27 AM

Uhhhh shes saying that the CBC is corrupt institution that is a shell of its former self

It is pandering to the a small demographic where the truth doesnt matter but their objectives do

Harper was right, its time to shut them down

M.C. Gusto
01-04-2022, 08:29 AM
She is dead on! Good for her for leaving and letting people know why she left.

barsik
01-04-2022, 08:41 AM
I unplugged my TV a long time ago. the talking heads you see reading script off a teleprompter are nothing less than *****s taking money in exchange for reading a social engineering scheme.

spoiledsaskhunter
01-04-2022, 08:48 AM
indicative of the way our whole world is going.......when will the insanity stop?

marky_mark
01-04-2022, 08:59 AM
indicative of the way our whole world is going.......when will the insanity stop?

According to her statement
It’s not the whole world
Just the few “woke” that are in positions to leverage their ideals

gunluvr
01-04-2022, 09:07 AM
The CBC has been a politically biased institution for some time but much more so in the Justin Trudeau years. Nearly all of its content is a weakly concocted gruel of unwatchable crap intended to be spoon-fed to a willing audience of "woke" liberal supporters, a majority of which are disposed and grateful immigrants, all the while financed by supposedly apathetic taxpayers.
It should be no surprise that some CBC employees see better opportunities in a less constrained environment.
The CBC should be defunded. It only appeals to a hand picked minority.

7magtime
01-04-2022, 09:20 AM
Good on her for posting this and confirming what a lot of us already knew about the CBC.

Between info like this getting out and guys like Joe Rogan exposing the truth on many media topics, I feel that these big media corporations are going to start losing their current readership soon. Fingers crossed it happens....

Grizzly Adams1
01-04-2022, 09:34 AM

X2, just another disgruntled employee, wonder what her severance package was ?

Grizz

58thecat
01-04-2022, 09:46 AM
Uhhhh shes saying that the CBC is corrupt institution that is a shell of its former self

It is pandering to the a small demographic where the truth doesnt matter but their objectives do

Harper was right, its time to shut them down

Hmmm I see it from a perspective she had a falling out and is heading in a different direction and along with that doing what journalists do...taking her following and perhaps a few more to help pay the bills.

CMichaud
01-04-2022, 09:47 AM
X2, just another disgruntled employee, wonder what her severance package was ?

Grizz

Maybe but does not change the fact that the CBC is heavily biased and should be either closed down or have a review of its mandate and re-focus itself.

Phil McCracken
01-04-2022, 09:57 AM
Maybe but does not change the fact that the CBC is heavily biased and should be either closed down or have a review of its mandate and re-focus itself.

Didn't they get 600 some millions from the government last year...oh I mean taxpayers?

That is why they are what they are...:)

urban rednek
01-04-2022, 10:01 AM
Aww! Poor little Tara. She finally got to personally experience the negative repercussions of the virtue signalling agenda she was complicit in creating...now she doesn't like it. :sHa_sarcasticlol:
That's one down. Sort of. The part where she thinks the CBC was producing some of the best journalism in the country circa 2013 tells me that she doesn't really understand the depth of the issue.

To paraphrase a quote from Thomas Sowell: "Some Canadians will never appreciate Canada, until after they have helped destroy it, and have then begun to suffer the consequences."

Big Grey Wolf
01-04-2022, 10:09 AM
Actually CBC did a good story about WE organization couple days ago. WE claimed they built 360 school houses in Kenya. When CBC reporter went to different towns and counted them their was maybe 10% of the number they claimed. Our PM,s favorite charity he was going to give almost $1 billion of our tax money to them that we did not have. We will need to increase our taxes we pay in the future as in 2 years he doubled our debt that took 150 years to accumulate first half.

Yukongold
01-04-2022, 10:58 AM
Aww! Poor little Tara. She finally got to personally experience the negative repercussions of the virtue signalling agenda she was complicit in creating...now she doesn't like it. :sHa_sarcasticlol:
That's one down. Sort of. The part where she thinks the CBC was producing some of the best journalism in the country circa 2013 tells me that she doesn't really understand the depth of the issue.

To paraphrase a quote from Thomas Sowell: "Some Canadians will never appreciate Canada, until after they have helped destroy it, and have then begun to suffer the consequences."

I think the point she is trying get across is the difference between the pre-Turd journalism and what is taking place now. One would have to be blind not to see the difference in the CBC since the liberals have taken over.

CaberTosser
01-04-2022, 11:10 AM

I have seen other former CBC staff concurring with it on Twitter. Other journalists from different agencies as well (people in the same profession generally having a good hand on the pulse of their competition, friends working there, inter-network chatter when covering the same events, etc). For instance my brother in law works for a major network and is often mentioning friends from competing networks, I’ve met recognizable reporters at his house before…

Sure, it fits my existing cognitive bias on the matter, but I think both exist due to being true.

There is still a bit of journalism happening @ CBC, it’s not 100% editorializing, but the percentage that is editorializing is way too high. Not every last person there is horrible, there’s just a heavy overrepresentation of militant SJW types.

glen moa
01-04-2022, 11:32 AM
The news doesn’t benefit the people.

urban rednek
01-04-2022, 11:56 AM
I think the point she is trying get across is the difference between the pre-Turd journalism and what is taking place now. One would have to be blind not to see the difference in the CBC since the liberals have taken over.

And her opinion about that is all well and good. Baby steps are better than no steps at all.
However, anyone who has been calling out the CBC propaganda for decades understands that she is completely oblivious to the depth of the problem at the CBC. She clearly indicated that in her statement, re: pre and post 2013. Her understanding doesn't extend past her personal timeline, much like the rest of the well-meaning progressives. Otherwise, she could have said something before she personally experienced the negative consequences of their virtue signalling agenda.

sjr
01-04-2022, 12:20 PM
Don Cheery had that figured out years ago . The CBC and the Loonie Leftist Liberals and the WOKE culture are taking this fine country down the drain .
YOU PEOPLE :snapoutofit:

marky_mark
01-04-2022, 12:38 PM
CBC isn’t the only network that is like this
My cousins used to work as an anchor for TSN and she was replaced so they could be more diverse

NKP
01-04-2022, 01:54 PM
CBC isn’t the only network that is like this
My cousins used to work as an anchor for TSN and she was replaced so they could be more diverse

You know it's bad when a woman sports caster is replaced in the name of diversity.

bat119
01-04-2022, 03:24 PM
CBC was once the only source of news for rural locations today it's nothing more than Canada's version of Pravda (truth in Russian) the government funded propaganda news.

http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/picture.php?albumid=2305&pictureid=11621

Defund the cbc!

NCC
01-04-2022, 06:25 PM
I agree with everything she said. I used to listen to CBC a lot up to about 2010. I didn't agree with everything but I also think it's good to hear to different views. I can't listen to ten minutes of their best program now as it is completely dominated by doomsday left wing anti-capitalism/anti-western drivel.

The schools have been taken over by the left, municipal government (look at the past 3 mayors of Edmonton and Calgary) is hard left, the media is hard left, and we're headed for Rachelle Notley and Chrystia Freeland to be our next premier and prime minister. My kid showed her lefty vegan Ontario born English teacher a photo of her antelope (she was showing it to friends and he asked to look) and her marks went from 80's to 50's. The only right wing views we hear about are the kooks, red necks and religious zealots. The moderate right wing folks (social liberal, fiscal conservative) like myself are going to be out in the cold and we continue to sit on our hands.

When a self proclaimed lefty thinks the CBC is off kilter, there is definitely a problem there.

daveyn
01-04-2022, 06:37 PM
Good on her for posting this and confirming what a lot of us already knew about the CBC.

Between info like this getting out and guys like Joe Rogan exposing the truth on many media topics, I feel that these big media corporations are going to start losing their current readership soon. Fingers crossed it happens....

joe rogan exposing the truth ? Gonna have to fall of the fence on the other side of that one..

CMichaud
01-04-2022, 10:10 PM
For those that like Rex Murphy...

https://nationalpost.com/opinion/rex-murphy-a-trudeau-puzzler-from-the-cbc

Wes_G
01-04-2022, 10:52 PM
I must have missed something, what's wrong with the term "brain storm"?

CaberTosser
01-05-2022, 12:10 AM
I must have missed something, what's wrong with the term "brain storm"?

Maybe its offensive & triggering to those who only have the slightest breeze going on up there? :thinking-006:

silver
01-05-2022, 03:19 AM
I haven't watched the CBC in years.

Lornce
01-05-2022, 08:09 AM
I worked for the CBC and the National Film Board for a number of years. my position was replaced to have a diverse person in that position. My staff were heartbroken and projects stymied. I learned later that they set up 2 other people to actually do the work but they had their figurehead.

tranq78
01-05-2022, 08:18 AM
I worked for the CBC and the National Film Board for a number of years. my position was replaced to have a diverse person in that position. My staff were heartbroken and projects stymied. I learned later that they set up 2 other people to actually do the work but they had their figurehead.

Sorry to hear that. So CBC basically paid for 3 people to replace you to virtue signal. What a revolting thing to do by management.