PDA

View Full Version : Sunwing party plane bunch grounded

bat119
01-05-2022, 02:48 PM
A raucous party aboard a Sunwing flight to Cancun that has shared on social media was caught global attention.
Sunwing has cancelled the return flight leaving them stranded in Cancun, fines up to $5000 could be imposed for each offence could be imposed.

In the immortal words of "John Wayne you just can't fix stupid"

https://montreal.ctvnews.ca/quebec-reality-tv-stars-deny-partying-on-sunwing-flight-say-we-were-sleeping-1.5728462

But we were sleeping :thinking-006:

https://globalnews.ca/video/8488362/rowdy-passengers-ditch-masks-on-sunwing-flight-to-mexico

Albertadiver
01-05-2022, 03:08 PM
Looks like Air Transat or Air Canada won't fly them home either. Hopefully westjet joins the club too.

Bunch of entitled privileged 'influencers'.

I most certainly agree with the John Wayne quote.

MountainTi
01-05-2022, 03:11 PM
Was Dierks on the flight?

JDK71
01-05-2022, 03:14 PM
Was Dierks on the flight?

He was flying the plane !

Grizzly Adams1
01-05-2022, 03:42 PM
Some of the roughly 150 Quebec social media stars stranded in Mexico this week after a now-infamous "party flight" say they've been unfairly condemned.

Talk to tourist people abroad and Queckers are the scum of the earth. We experienced them in Cuba, one of them ended up getting the physical treatment with night sticks by Cuban police, in our hotel.

Grizz

MountainTi
01-05-2022, 03:44 PM
He was flying the plane !

lol. I had my suspicions

dodger
01-05-2022, 03:54 PM
Maybe they can make their own migrant group or join a group and start walking North??

Dodger.

walleye guy
01-05-2022, 05:14 PM
Hope they send a message to other crazies in this world and tag them all with a $5k fine when them come home.

sirmike68
01-05-2022, 05:14 PM
Who cares! I assume they all had to be tested to get on the plane and passed. Whats the problem?

Sleddawg
01-05-2022, 05:44 PM
Some of the roughly 150 Quebec social media stars stranded in Mexico this week after a now-infamous "party flight" say they've been unfairly condemned.

Talk to tourist people abroad and Queckers are the scum of the earth. We experienced them in Cuba, one of them ended up getting the physical treatment with night sticks by Cuban police, in our hotel.

Grizz

I agree with this. One of the reasons I wont go back to Cuba. Resort was over run and no joke, every single one I encountered were horrendous. Cutting in line taking the last of the snack bar food, cat calling, rude to workers, loud, messy. Just plain arrogance at its worst

Cigarguy
01-05-2022, 06:18 PM
They are a distinct society.

You guys sure it wasn't the Russian world juniors team?

ganderblaster
01-05-2022, 06:27 PM
Who cares! I assume they all had to be tested to get on the plane and passed. Whats the problem?

Exactly and then when they land in Mexico in 4-6 hours they can all legally party together maskless😂.

If Sunwing is so concerned they should stop all flights as they are contributing to this legal fun in Mexico.

Twisted Canuck
01-05-2022, 06:32 PM

Exactly and then when they land in Mexico in 4-6 hours they can all legally party together maskless😂.

If Sunwing is so concerned they should stop all flights as they are contributing to this legal fun in Mexico.

Exactly. All the sanctimonious Holier Than Thou. A bunch of kids going to party, oh my. Crucify them. They are a bunch of arrogant influencer social media people, flaunting the law. Crucify them.

How about this. They are a bunch of young people at no risk from Covid statistically who are sick and damn tired of all the lockdowns, curfews, and mandates, and just want to have a good time.

And they need to be crucified to satisfy the cult of fear? Apparently so.

stob
01-05-2022, 06:40 PM

Grizz

my experience as well for decades in many countries ... American and Australian and Germans can be a close 2nd @ times ... in Tahiti once the locals found out I was not French Canadian or High French and I was Golden ..I was also their protection from the French Foreign Legion during nuclear tests when they had roadblocks everywhere and were routinely cruel and mean to the locals ( my passports and status shielded them and we were always waved through once they found out I was in the vehicle or vehicle train) ... I remember a French Canadian getting lippy with some Australian's in CAirns one night telling them you can't touch me I am French and all you heard was Wham Wham Wham and the golden silence .. that guy kept a low profile for the remainder of his stay

AI 6.5

Grizz
Thats the problem with society today, social media stars, give me a break. They have some sense of self entltlement and think they are actually important or matter.

bat119
Not wearing a mask was the least of the violations, even before covid drunken dancing in the aisles vaping and ignoring flight attendants would get you kicked off a plane....forever

They can party on the bus all the back from Cancun

urban rednek
01-05-2022, 06:42 PM

X2
Add to that it was a private charter, not a regular commercial flight. They are travelling to a resort destination as a group. Did any of the complainers stop to consider what these people would be doing for the next week? Sans masks. On holidays? In another country?
I'd be more concerned about quarantining them when they get back.

While they may be a bunch of idiots with social media accounts, that's no reason to spoil their fun.
Will be interesting to see how this plays out.

MountainTi
01-05-2022, 06:46 PM

Stay off my lawn!

jeprli
01-05-2022, 06:55 PM
Hahaha jabbed, tested and charged...helluva new year party. Judhing by the lynching crowd they will be presumed dead upon return.

Quebecers are pigs in Cuba, Brits in Mexico, done with both indefinitely. Cancun airport has donkeys out back, they're there for missed flights.

WV911
01-05-2022, 07:06 PM
You want to see rude pushing at resorts? Bring in the Russians

waldedw
01-05-2022, 07:07 PM
I am sure they will have a great 2 week holiday in Mexico doing whatever they want, they had a good start on the plane on the way down.

It's obvious that Sunwing had a problem with it as they cancelled their return flight, and other air lines have said no thanks we don't need them on our aircraft.

Personally I couldn't give a fats rats patoot how they get home or if they get home, not my problem, I'm sure they are working on something, maybe if they sobered up yet, they are all social media groupies so maybe they can start a go fund me like lots of others do to pay for their stupidity.:sHa_sarcasticlol:

bat119
01-05-2022, 07:08 PM
You want to see rude pushing at resorts? Bring in the Russians

X5 on that 10AM best friends by the pool, fist fights by midnight

urban rednek
01-05-2022, 07:27 PM
It's obvious that Sunwing had a problem with it as they cancelled their return flight, and other air lines have said no thanks we don't need them on our aircraft.
FTR- one of the linked news reports clearly states: "Sunwing has cancelled the charter plane after the videos prompted widespread outrage."
Which makes it look like Sunwing capitulated to the outraged mob rather than having an actual issue with their paying customers.

Twisted Canuck
01-05-2022, 07:37 PM
FTR- one of the linked news reports clearly states: "Sunwing has cancelled the charter plane after the videos prompted widespread outrage."
Which makes it look like Sunwing capitulated to the outraged mob rather than having an actual issue with their paying customers.

Exactly. Just capitulating to the social media outrage. Burn the witch.

Trochu
01-05-2022, 07:39 PM
X2
Add to that it was a private charter.....

x3

Sunwing didn't seem to have an issue with it either......until Karen got on Twitter.

HunterDave
01-05-2022, 07:43 PM
How do you get a 26er of Grey Goose on a flight?

Were the flight attendants enablers or were the passengers out of control?

58thecat
01-05-2022, 07:45 PM
Well if the airline has rules about mandatory masks and no vaping then yup they sure made it hard on the flight attendants so yup....get your own butts home, lessons learnt are sometimes harsh wish more were.

huntinstuff
01-05-2022, 07:46 PM
I cant figure out how this is even news?

BREAKING NEWS!!!
"Today in downtown Halifax, a dog farted"

Back to you Chad......

Same thing.

waldedw
01-05-2022, 07:47 PM

Isn't that the way of the world now, everything is fine until social media explodes then you have to capitulate otherwise social media will crucify you, social media and public outcry rule the world these days, these social media groupies are getting a little karma, the social media table has turned, sorry still no sympathy.

Twisted Canuck
01-05-2022, 08:18 PM
I'm starting to think the Russians have been dumping estrogen in our water supply. It's a plausible explanation for all the 'speaking moistly' and hand wringing.

Outraged Karens! Unite!

penguin
01-05-2022, 08:57 PM
I am setting my alarm right now so I can get up tomorrow and contribute to transfer payments to help them.

badbrass
01-05-2022, 09:34 PM
X2 !!!!!!!!!!!i am sure they will have a great 2 week holiday in mexico doing whatever they want, they had a good start on the plane on the way down.

It's obvious that sunwing had a problem with it as they cancelled their return flight, and other air lines have said no thanks we don't need them on our aircraft.

Personally i couldn't give a fats rats patoot how they get home or if they get home, not my problem, i'm sure they are working on something, maybe if they sobered up yet, they are all social media groupies so maybe they can start a go fund me like lots of others do to pay for their stupidity.:sha_sarcasticlol:

badbrass
01-05-2022, 09:38 PM
YES!!!!!! :angry3::angry3::angry3:Hope they send a message to other crazies in this world and tag them all with a $5k fine when them come home.

Twisted Canuck
01-05-2022, 09:38 PM
Because none of you ever had fun like that when you were young.

Get off my lawn!!

Pathetic Karens. Did you all say Amen when Greta said 'how dare you!'? :lol: :lol:

badbrass
01-05-2022, 09:41 PM
Respect! Respect! Respect! Something you never learned!
Because none of you ever had fun like that when you were young.

Get off my lawn!!

Pathetic.