PDA

View Full Version : Good news the "Butcher of Vulcan" survived the knife!

wwbirds
01-05-2022, 08:18 PM
Not sure how many of you have had dealings with Paul (VCMM) Vulcan county Meat Market in the past but he used to insert his smart a** comments in here regularly.
He has kept a rather low profile for about a year as serious lung problems pain and DR's would not prescribe any opiods so told him to tough it out and was waiting for a transplant. Only a mild square head can cut rouladen just the way my wifes family wants it so Paul was our man for meat. Dr's made him quit that to as chance to pick up an infection so wife and son have been running the show under Pauls "indirect offsite" supervision.
Talked to Mrs early December when we were in Vulcan and they had done the presurgery course in Edmonton for a month so she was hopeful he would receive a lung transplant getting closer to the top of the list in next 6 months.
Got a text from Paul earlier this evening and he is 16 days post surgery from double lung transplant in Edmonton and doing very well.
Has to take it easy for a while but I told him many AO people would be pleased to hear he came out of it smiling!!

Stinky Buffalo
01-05-2022, 09:06 PM
That is so great to hear! Best wishes to him for a complete recovery.

marky_mark
01-05-2022, 10:28 PM
Great to hear!
Hopefully his transplant team can get his anti rejection meds figured out quickly
Cheers

CaberTosser
01-06-2022, 12:29 AM
Great to hear! I'd been out to Paul's shop & his home years back for some work & he sent me home with the best cut of steak I ever cooked up, I literally cut that thing with a fork. And technically my Mrs cooked it up, but I digress....

Mend up well Paul!

waldedw
01-06-2022, 02:40 AM
Great news to start the new year with, will throw a little prayer in and hope for a speedy recovery for Paul, God's speed

58thecat
01-06-2022, 06:24 AM
Hope for a full speedy recovery so we can get back to the :fighting0030:

:)

teledogs
01-06-2022, 06:28 AM
Wishing Paul a speedy healthy recovery! Godspeed!

Phil McCracken
01-06-2022, 07:01 AM
Good news...

Thanx for sharing...:)

omega50
01-06-2022, 08:27 AM
To be in that much pain with every breath and have the worry and stress of a physically demanding business, plus Covid and all the surgical delays and wondering who has to die so you have a chance to live is a very heavy load to tote.

All the best Paul. Get your health restored with each and every breath

Was on the fence,but this post pushed me off. Just made my donor wishes known to my wife

ward
01-06-2022, 09:58 AM
Good to hear positive news stories coming from the AHS with all that is going on.