PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Remington sendaro modification ideas

rudy
01-08-2022, 07:58 AM
I have Remington Sendaro 2 in a 7mm that I like but rarely use as it is very heavy and awkward. After talking to a buddy I was thinking about doing some mods on it do bring it to more of a true hunting rifle. Looking primarily to thin/shorten the barrel and add a Mcmillan stock. Looking to see some pictures of anyone who has done this and what the end result looked like. Thanks!

elkhunter11
01-08-2022, 09:06 AM
You might be better off finding a takeoff sporter weight barrel, vs recontouring, cutting, crowning, and refinishing the factory barrel. There are usually a few around in 7mmremmag, as many gunsmiths start with barreled actions to build semi custom rifles. As to the McMillan stock, that is my choice in stocks, just be aware that the cost has increased considerably. In fact, if I was spending the money on a McMillan, I would invest in a quality aftermarket barrel, and have the action trued as well.

sns2
01-08-2022, 09:53 AM
Rather than bastardizing your Sendero, you would likely be better off money wise to sell it and start from scratch.

marky_mark
01-08-2022, 10:21 AM
Rather than bastardizing your Sendero, you would likely be better off money wise to sell it and start from scratch.

This right here
You will be far better off just selling it and buying what you want

elkhunter11
01-08-2022, 10:27 AM

Exactly! By the time you are done, you will be using the Sendero pretty much as a donor action, and you will likely spend more than the Sendero is worth in parts and labor.

DLab
01-09-2022, 08:43 AM
Or, unless you're a "Just need one gun" kinda guy, keep the Sendero and buy another that suits your intended usage.
They're not making Sendero's anymore, hard to say what the new Remington Firearms(RemArms) will evolve into once they reopen in Georgia.
Other wise , I would take the previous advice offered.

Jayhad
01-09-2022, 02:38 PM
I owned a Sendaro in 7mm STW when Rem first made them, wish I never sold it in 97. That said, I would put it in a MDT chassis.

Demonical
01-09-2022, 02:42 PM
Or spend some time in the gym and hiking to get in shape to tote that rifle as is.

I've got a 1996 Sendero in .270Win. 26" barrel, MacMillan stock with the aluminum pillar bedding. Heavy bastard... but a tack driver.

I couldn't imagine modifying mine, even though it's a heavy sumbitch to carry.

elkhunter11
01-09-2022, 03:17 PM
Or spend some time in the gym and hiking to get in shape to tote that rifle as is.

I've got a 1996 Sendero in .270Win. 26" barrel, MacMillan stock with the aluminum pillar bedding. Heavy bastard... but a tack driver.

I couldn't imagine modifying mine, even though it's a heavy sumbitch to carry.

The Sendero stock with the aluminum bedding blocks was made by H S Precision. Those were heavy stocks, and with the heavy contour barrel, it made for a heavy rifle.

rudy
01-12-2022, 05:14 PM
Just as a follow up I decided to “save” the Sendaro and will be modifying another favourite of mine. Stainless Browning A bolt 300 win mag. Same plan but a different rifle. Thanks for the input.

Demonical
01-12-2022, 06:49 PM
The Sendero stock with the aluminum bedding blocks was made by H S Precision. Those were heavy stocks, and with the heavy contour barrel, it made for a heavy rifle.

I stand corrected, you are exactly right.

marky_mark
01-12-2022, 09:45 PM
Hate to say it but your going to have issues with availability trying to build off of an older a-bolt. They just don’t have a large a selection of aftermarket products to support that action. Tikkas have a lot of aftermarket support. You can get prefit barrels even for them