PDA

View Full Version : What's up with Deluxe Wall Tents?

I-R-Huntin
01-10-2022, 08:28 PM
So about 4 or 5years ago we bought the deluxe version 16 x 20 wall tent with the frame from Deluxe wall tents. Everything is great we love the tent. Fast forward to this summer when we decided to buy the 10 ft porch and frame to match. On their website they state that new orders are two months behind, no problem we don't need it until the middle of November and it is the beginning of August. We place the order and wait. About the middle of October we contacted them and he said he would ship it out right away. About the first of November we got a hold of him again and he said he was just waiting on some poles for the frame and he would rush it out to us. So anyways or hunting trip came and went and no porch. So after hunting season we have been trying to get in touch with him through email and the phone number on his website but no reply. After lying to us and now going ghost we're worried we have lost our money! Anybody else having trouble with this guy?:mad3:

EZM
01-10-2022, 09:42 PM
There are major supply chain demands impacting global deliveries. Galvanized tube is a major issue (we are one of North America's largest buyers of galvanized tube) - so I bet he's in line behind us. We are seeing July/August orders just landing now.

Same issue with cast aluminum, extrusions and structural steels and hardware. 3-4 month delays on top of the normal 3 month lead times.

This is likely not a issue with this dealer - it's an issue impacting us all. And if I'm spending 70-80 million USD a year on tube and can't get an expedited delivery schedule my guess is he's in worse shape and at the back of the line.

I know it sucks, but don't think it's the dealer's fault (although some communication might be helpful).

nimrod
01-11-2022, 07:33 AM
I fell your pain with all this delay delay delay, Not a tent but i bought and paid for a Water lily back min June last year 21 now still waiting for my water lily still waiting

creeky
01-11-2022, 08:12 AM
I fell your pain with all this delay delay delay, Not a tent but i bought and paid for a Water lily back min June last year 21 now still waiting for my water lily still waiting

Thinking of picking one of those up.

Their ads where everywhere last year then nothing, last week they where advertising again on Instagram. Strange, hope yours shows up soon.

Creeky....

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TrollGRG
01-11-2022, 09:06 AM
There are major supply chain demands impacting global deliveries. Galvanized tube is a major issue (we are one of North America's largest buyers of galvanized tube) - so I bet he's in line behind us. We are seeing July/August orders just landing now.

Same issue with cast aluminum, extrusions and structural steels and hardware. 3-4 month delays on top of the normal 3 month lead times.

This is likely not a issue with this dealer - it's an issue impacting us all. And if I'm spending 70-80 million USD a year on tube and can't get an expedited delivery schedule my guess is he's in worse shape and at the back of the line.

I know it sucks, but don't think it's the dealer's fault (although some communication might be helpful).

In regards to Deluxe and for all other retailers (even wholesalers) I fully understand the delays and can live with them. But, I think whatever company you are dealing with should make a point of keeping in contact and keeping you aware of the expected results.

If business is so bad that you cannot man your telephones then you should let people know so they can go else ware

Big Grey Wolf
01-11-2022, 09:33 AM
Try to avoid buying 'Anything" if it is not in stock. Leons kept my wifes money $$ for 6 months for a sofa. I finally got involved had hell of time getting our $$ then going to Sofa Land, picked it up next day.

I-R-Huntin
01-11-2022, 03:51 PM
Ya I would understand if he was up front and just said he has supply problems but when he goes ghost that ****es me off.

creeky
01-11-2022, 09:19 PM
Try to avoid buying 'Anything" if it is not in stock. Leons kept my wifes money $$ for 6 months for a sofa. I finally got involved had hell of time getting our $$ then going to Sofa Land, picked it up next day.

THIS^^^

Creeky....

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OL_JR
01-11-2022, 09:55 PM
I ordered a diesel stove in november and haven't seen it yet however according to an email sent on the 9th about delays they won't even start till mid to late this month production.

It does say in that email that tent and frames are normal production so curious as well as to what is going on with your porch however for what it's worth and relates to what EZM about poles I inquired about a porch and frame for my Capital Canvas tent through Capital and they specifically mentioned how hard the frame poles are to get right now...

Deluxe also sent an email on the 22nd of December about email issues they have been having and encouraged people to re send emails.

I'm optimistic everything will get sorted out haven't really heard much negative in the past about deluxe and everyone is struggling with supply chain issues it seems. Unfortunate they are hard to get a hold of right now but they might have to prioritize between answering the million phone calls they must be getting a day or actually getting stuff out the door.

Alberta83
03-24-2022, 12:35 PM
I’ve been trying to actively get a hold of deluxe for a week now. They don’t answer phones, reply to emails or return calls. I’m actively trying to buy a wall tent right now but they don’t seem too interested in selling one. I’m not gonna beg to give them my money

MountainTi
03-24-2022, 01:12 PM
I’ve been trying to actively get a hold of deluxe for a week now. They don’t answer phones, reply to emails or return calls. I’m actively trying to buy a wall tent right now but they don’t seem too interested in selling one. I’m not gonna beg to give them my money

https://canvastentshop.ca/

Alberta83
03-24-2022, 01:15 PM
https://canvastentshop.ca/

Do you have one of their tents? Just wondering about the quality as well as I’m unsure about their 1” frame/strength

MountainTi
03-24-2022, 01:24 PM
Do you have one of their tents? Just wondering about the quality as well as I’m unsure about their 1” frame/strength

A buddy bought a 16x20 a few years ago. Fantastic tent as well as pricing.

I use 1" conduit frames on both my wall tents (not from canvas shop) and they've withstood some pretty crazy mountain winds. Never a problem with those frames that I've seen. Tents are 10'x12' and 14'x16'

sns2
03-25-2022, 07:06 AM
I’d say get your $ back and go elsewhere. When a business does not answer the phone and/or respond to emails, even sporadically, that is a red flag for me that they are close to going tits up. Doesn’t matter what kind of business it is either.

Sundancefisher
03-25-2022, 07:14 AM
Reach out on here… they appear to be a sponsor. Try a DM?

Cageyc
03-25-2022, 08:13 AM
Wow, that doesn’t sound like them, every time I made an order I got great results. Good luck with your purchases.

Fordman
03-25-2022, 09:16 AM
Bought a 14X16 about 6 years ago. They sent me the angles and I
bought my own 1" conduit.
Great tent,great service and never an issue in any winds and there have been
a few good storms.

Dean2
03-25-2022, 11:41 AM
Big Grey Wolf is spot on, heed his great advice. Anyone that pays up front to have something ordered in, is just asking for problems. Even good, large, long term businesses are dropping like flies. If you have nothing to sell you still have all the daily expenses to cover. Many businesses are covering those costs out of paid orders people have yet to receive, and for which the business has not paid the supplier. At some point that house of cards is going to fall down. I have no knowledge of Deluxe tent's situation but no matter who the business is, DO NOT PAY up front. Pay only when what you ordered is in and you are picking it up.

Get a refund from the merchant if you can. If he won't and you paid on your credit card, file a dispute and get a refund for non-delivery of goods.

MountainTi
03-25-2022, 12:07 PM
Reach out on here… they appear to be a sponsor. Try a DM?

He's already reached out according to the original post...more than once.

Too many good business's out there to waste time with poor ones. Get money back and move onto one of them...with any luck

OL_JR
08-14-2022, 08:27 PM
Bumping this as I still haven't seen my stove and optimism is starting to shift to anger. I have managed to get a hold of Beau a couple of times via phone and during the last contact a few weeks ago I was assured that my stove was available from ITR and would be on the way within a day or two. I asked for a shipping confirmation and tracking and he said that he would try but normally has problems getting that from them. Big Red Flag and mentioned so but hoped for the best.

Tommorow I will try and contact again and see what's up and if that stove isn't in my possesion within a week I will be requesting a refund and we will see what kind of rodeo ensues from there.

Cement Bench
08-14-2022, 08:49 PM
Bumping this as I still haven't seen my stove and optimism is starting to shift to anger. I have managed to get a hold of Beau a couple of times via phone and during the last contact a few weeks ago I was assured that my stove was available from ITR and would be on the way within a day or two. I asked for a shipping confirmation and tracking and he said that he would try but normally has problems getting that from them. Big Red Flag and mentioned so but hoped for the best.

Tommorow I will try and contact again and see what's up and if that stove isn't in my possesion within a week I will be requesting a refund and we will see what kind of rodeo ensues from there.

Request a refund now and pay him once it,ships if,you wish

Gboe8
08-14-2022, 09:16 PM
Ordered 4 tents last year took 8 months to get but I got them. Supply shortages. I don’t think you have to worry about your money from my experience. I would agree though the communication is terrible.

OL_JR
08-19-2022, 09:57 PM
Well got a hold of Deluxe and my stove that was supposedly on the way a few weeks ago really wasn't and there was no guarantee I would see it in short order so requested a refund. Refund is posted and I am glad that process was pretty quick and pain free.

Supply chain shortages have been rough on everybody but I'm not going to hazard a guess as to who is the biggest culprit. Seems most likely the third party ITR but as mentioned my stove was apparently committed and on the way so who knows.

In the end it was a nice to have, not a need to have so will carry on as per usual. My wood stove will burn all night loaded properly and damped right down but that is basically the "low" setting and was hoping to get something a little nicer for the colder temps.

Maybe a good time to start experimentig with lump coal a bit :).

Grizzly Adams1
08-20-2022, 07:48 AM
THIS^^^

Creeky....

That goes for vehicles as well. :lol:

Grizz

DWT-Beau
04-13-2023, 01:42 PM
Hey everyone, Beau from Deluxe wall tents here.

Just came across this post and wanted to make sure that there was a bit of an explaination as to any lack of communication and delays.

I alone handle all of the sales and customer communications for the business and since it is a family business and if anything happens / we get short staffed I do my best to fill in for other people that cant work. So I end up shipping, sewing or cutting frames if needed. Which in turn with how busy we have been latley pulls me away from the computer and phone at times. So I apologise for the lack of communication from myself.

Part of this post mentions diesel heaters.. Since they are drop shipped from the manufacturer in vancouver, the info I relay over is what I have been told from them as far as delivery times go. Its a bit of a tricky spot to be in but its better than having the heaters shipped over to us and then back out as the cost would have to go up on them.

As with you all, we are just normal people with familys of our own and we do our best to try and keep everyone happy, sometimes there are delays that are out of our control and your patience is greatly appreciated. Without our new and repeat customers we wouldnt be where we are today. So thank you for trusting us and supporting the DWT family!

Also just to clairify! For those concerned about paying for an order before shipping.
We do NOT require payment to place an order. All you have to do is place the order over the phone or email and its in the system. When it is ready to ship we ask for payment. Although if the order is placed through our website, you will have to enter your card info in and it will be charged at that time.

If you have any questions please do not hesitate to call or text, my work cell number is (250) five10-53sixty

REMINGTON JIM
04-13-2023, 02:27 PM
So about 4 or 5years ago we bought the deluxe version 16 x 20 wall tent with the frame from Deluxe wall tents. Everything is great we love the tent. Fast forward to this summer when we decided to buy the 10 ft porch and frame to match. On their website they state that new orders are two months behind, no problem we don't need it until the middle of November and it is the beginning of August. We place the order and wait. About the middle of October we contacted them and he said he would ship it out right away. About the first of November we got a hold of him again and he said he was just waiting on some poles for the frame and he would rush it out to us. So anyways or hunting trip came and went and no porch. So after hunting season we have been trying to get in touch with him through email and the phone number on his website but no reply. After lying to us and now going ghost we're worried we have lost our money! Anybody else having trouble with this guy?:mad3:

Did you ever get looked after by Deluxe wall tents ? RJ

Esox
04-13-2023, 03:04 PM
Hey everyone, Beau from Deluxe wall tents here.

Just came across this post and wanted to make sure that there was a bit of an explaination as to any lack of communication and delays.

I alone handle all of the sales and customer communications for the business and since it is a family business and if anything happens / we get short staffed I do my best to fill in for other people that cant work. So I end up shipping, sewing or cutting frames if needed. Which in turn with how busy we have been latley pulls me away from the computer and phone at times. So I apologise for the lack of communication from myself.

Part of this post mentions diesel heaters.. Since they are drop shipped from the manufacturer in vancouver, the info I relay over is what I have been told from them as far as delivery times go. Its a bit of a tricky spot to be in but its better than having the heaters shipped over to us and then back out as the cost would have to go up on them.

As with you all, we are just normal people with familys of our own and we do our best to try and keep everyone happy, sometimes there are delays that are out of our control and your patience is greatly appreciated. Without our new and repeat customers we wouldnt be where we are today. So thank you for trusting us and supporting the DWT family!

Also just to clairify! For those concerned about paying for an order before shipping.
We do NOT require payment to place an order. All you have to do is place the order over the phone or email and its in the system. When it is ready to ship we ask for payment. Although if the order is placed through our website, you will have to enter your card info in and it will be charged at that time.

If you have any questions please do not hesitate to call or text, my work cell number is (250) five10-53sixty

How far out on you shipping orders now? Been thinking about buying a second wall tent.

spirit4u
04-13-2023, 03:31 PM
Esox, I got a tent last summer from cavastentshop, as was mentioned in previous posts. Mine took a month. I had it set up in the yard to wet it down. It is well made and this is their cheaper version.

DWT-Beau
04-13-2023, 03:35 PM
How far out on you shipping orders now? Been thinking about buying a second wall tent.

If it is something I have sitting in the shop we can have it out within a few days of ordering, if not then you would be looking at about 6 weeks.

Do you have a size in mind?

Thank you,

-Beau

elkhunter11
04-13-2023, 03:39 PM
We received the overhead doors that we ordered in May last month, the supply train issues are very slow in catching up.

knifeman
04-13-2023, 08:42 PM
Got my tent from deluxe last year took about 3 months and couldn't be happier.

buckman
04-15-2023, 09:35 AM

They use aluminum poles,sturdy and lightweight. I have a 12x14 with a 10ft porch,holds up to the winds in the crows-nest pass,so bulletproof.