PDA

View Full Version : Canada Post has issues

Pathfinder76
01-12-2022, 08:06 AM
So I initiated a lost item ticket with Canada Post a week and a half ago. The item in question has been sitting in Burnaby for weeks. So the process started and I get an email stating that I have a ticket number and they will notify me by email if my parcel moves or is scanned. Well that’s helpful. They also say in the email that further action will be taken if the item isn’t delivered by the 12th.

Well Monday my item arrives in Calgary. No email. Again, who cares because I’m tracking it on THEIR website. Today, my item is delivered. Excellent. But now CP sends me an email saying they can’t find my item and the sender now has to take over with a claim!

No wonder they struggle with red ink.

Cigarguy
01-12-2022, 08:53 AM
Yeah CP sucks. They are getting worse and worse. Smartest thing Amazon ever did is to mostly dump CP and do it their own way. Cheaper, faster, better. CP can go away as far as I'm concern.

Grizzly Adams1
01-12-2022, 08:56 AM
Lots of unvaccinated staff left out in the cold equals crappy service. No way around it.

Grizz

Trochu
01-12-2022, 08:59 AM
Just chatted with a guy yesterday who used to work at CP. He said his first day, with a group of guys during the orientation, the manager was, thereabouts "We are continually looking for ways to improve, if you see something that we could improve, or have a suggested that would improve efficiency, let us know". He said he went forth with 3 or 4 suggestions in the first several days and the answer was always the same "Oh, we can't do that, because if we did, Bob wouldn't have a job and we'd have to fire him, and we can't, union".

Savage Bacon
01-12-2022, 09:03 AM
Just chatted with a guy yesterday who used to work at CP. He said his first day, with a group of guys during the orientation, the manager was, thereabouts "We are continually looking for ways to improve, if you see something that we could improve, or have a suggested that would improve efficiency, let us know". He said he went forth with 3 or 4 suggestions in the first several days and the answer was always the same "Oh, we can't do that, because if we did, Bob wouldn't have a job and we'd have to fire him, and we can't, union".This is the same everywhere. You can't implement common sense because it goes against the whole agenda.

Sent from my SM-G970W using Tapatalk

antlercarver
01-12-2022, 09:18 AM
We constantly get other peoples mail so I assume other people get my mail.
Bills go somewhere else and we get charged late fees because we did not get the bill in time. Letters from your lawyer, medical reports, property tax statements and any other items which should be PRIVATE.
We go to town 2-3 times per month, get groceries, mail sometimes parts.
Frustrating :mad0100:

Pathfinder76
01-12-2022, 10:33 AM
Just chatted with a guy yesterday who used to work at CP. He said his first day, with a group of guys during the orientation, the manager was, thereabouts "We are continually looking for ways to improve, if you see something that we could improve, or have a suggested that would improve efficiency, let us know". He said he went forth with 3 or 4 suggestions in the first several days and the answer was always the same "Oh, we can't do that, because if we did, Bob wouldn't have a job and we'd have to fire him, and we can't, union".

People are constantly getting mail sent back here because the parcel comes with a street address on it. The problem is, when you are ordering crap many times you have zero clue who the carrier will be. Or if it will change carriers mid ship etc. Not only that, if you put both addresses on the ship to request sometimes only half of it makes it to the label. Canada post has both my addresses. Us PO Box people have to prove to them once a year that we still live in their trading area.

So a month ago I suggested to them that they update their scan to automatically flash up the box # when the item is scanned. In other words, when 111 Main Street is scanned, the linked PO Box automatically pops up. So they can either sharpie it in or it spits out a label. She looked at me like I had three heads.

Savage Bacon
01-12-2022, 10:38 AM
People are constantly getting mail sent back here because the parcel comes with a street address on it. The problem is, when you are ordering crap many times you have zero clue who the carrier will be. Or if it will change carriers mid ship etc. Not only that, if you put both addresses on the ship to request sometimes only half of it makes it to the label. Canada post has both my addresses. Us PO Box people have to prove to them once a year that we still live in their trading area.

So a month ago I suggested to them that they update their scan to automatically flash up the box # when the item is scanned. In other words, when 111 Main Street is scanned, the linked PO Box automatically pops up. So they can either sharpie it in or it spits out a label. She looked at me like I had three heads.When I order a parcel with my street address and post office box, the carrier sometimes just drops it off at the post office. I'm always working during business hours so then I have to try to make it to the post office on Saturday between 9-12. This is a real pain when my package is supposed to show up at my door, say on a Monday.

Sent from my SM-G970W using Tapatalk

Dean2
01-12-2022, 10:41 AM
Isn't just Canada post. Was at a restaurant last night, my wife ordered the steak sandwich as it was the only Gluetin free option. She ordered it medium. Took a long time to get our meal. Waitress apologised, said cook had to do the steak three times to get it right. It was a 6 ounce Rib Eye that was maybe 1/4" thick. Waitress said the cooks have a hell of a time cooking them less than well. I suggested to her they order steaks twice as thick and half as big around, way easier to get the right cook on them. She was absolutely amazed, said she would pass that to the owner first ting in the morning.:sign0161:

Pathfinder76
01-12-2022, 10:45 AM
Isn't just Canada post. Was at a restaurant last night, my wife ordered the steak sandwich as it was the only Gluetin free option. She ordered it medium. Took a long time to get our meal. Waitress apologised, said cook had to do the steak three times to get it right. It was a 6 ounce Rib Eye that was maybe 1/4" thick. Waitress said the cooks have a hell of a time cooking them less than well. I suggested to her they order steaks twice as thick and half as big around, way easier to get the right cook on them. She was absolutely amazed, said she would pass that to the owner first ting in the morning.:sign0161:

Lol! Just wow.

flydude
01-12-2022, 10:55 AM

You'd think they could have at least rolled it up or folded it in half prior to grilling?

walker1
01-12-2022, 11:05 AM
I don't think we are allowed to say common sense anymore!!!! Charlie Brown would say......... good grief!!!!!

bat119
01-12-2022, 11:31 AM
When CP is working correctly it's a good system any glitch throws into chaos and hard to correct, ever try phoning them? impossible to find a competent person to solve the problem.

I tried the click and ship deal went to print the label "sorry we are experiencing technical problems" it took hours on the phone, emails and 8 months to get my $36 refunded.

:angry3:

ghostguy6
01-12-2022, 11:50 AM
I sent an item to Montreal to have it repaired by CP at the companies request. The item was seized by US customs in Seattle for incorrect paperwork. How did an item that was supposed to be overnight'd from Edmonton to Montreal end up in Seattle Washington? CP wont do anything about it because according to them " they would not have made that mistake". No refund, no insurance coverage because the item technically wasn't lost.

CNP
01-12-2022, 01:23 PM
Yeah CP sucks. They are getting worse and worse. Smartest thing Amazon ever did is to mostly dump CP and do it their own way. Cheaper, faster, better. CP can go away as far as I'm concern.

Depends where you live. I trust CP more than any courier. Living in Crowsnest Pass I prefer CP because no courier will deliver to my door and delivery to a PO box is not possible with a courier. UPS/DHL/Purolator/FedEx all suck. Amazon mostly delivers by CP to CNP and possibly most small communities. CP is a vital service.

58thecat
01-12-2022, 01:31 PM
Our CP here is awesome, have not had any issues at all, friendly staff etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

averagejoe
01-12-2022, 01:33 PM
People are constantly getting mail sent back here because the parcel comes with a street address on it. The problem is, when you are ordering crap many times you have zero clue who the carrier will be. Or if it will change carriers mid ship etc.

Daily problem in Grande Cache. If you can, put your entire street address in the first box then put "Unit XYZ" in the second address line for the box number. Using Unit instead of box etc usually tricks the no PO box things and if the post office workers get used to looking for things like that there is usually no issue.

Grizzly Adams1
01-12-2022, 04:50 PM
I have more problems with couriers, apparently having a post office box and living in the country doesn't fit their business model. :confused:

Grizz

Rastus
01-12-2022, 06:08 PM
WE only pay them $30.00 an hour, maybe that is not enough?

sweld
01-12-2022, 06:23 PM
WE only pay them $30.00 an hour, maybe that is not enough?

Who gets 30 bux a hour?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk