PDA

View Full Version : Mecum Auction ?

Sledhead71
01-14-2022, 10:07 AM
Today and tomorrow will be the day for some exceptional iron rolling across the block... Anyone else looking to add to their collection ? Have a feeling there will be some multi million dollar cars being sold....

Good luck to those bidding this weekend.

traderal
01-14-2022, 09:01 PM
Some nice units passing through the auction, especially those corvettes. Add fees and exchange and prices are out of range for most of us Canuks. I still admire those who spend the bucks to restore these cars and they are changing hands every few years now so we get to see them at the auctions as you won't see them at car shows in Alberta. With no car shows because of the pandemic I sold my unit last spring and it's now residing in Saudi Arabia. Previous car is somewhere in Russia.

Sledhead71
01-15-2022, 09:17 AM
Some nice units passing through the auction, especially those corvettes. Add fees and exchange and prices are out of range for most of us Canuks. I still admire those who spend the bucks to restore these cars and they are changing hands every few years now so we get to see them at the auctions as you won't see them at car shows in Alberta. With no car shows because of the pandemic I sold my unit last spring and it's now residing in Saudi Arabia. Previous car is somewhere in Russia.

Have to agree, many cars are never brought out for the public to see in person... It is amazing how much North American iron heads across the pond as well, there is big money in this world.

Sold one out of my collection yesterday, happy with the results and exchange.

pitw
01-15-2022, 09:53 AM
Only things I saw of interest was the collection of low mileage trucks from the 60's-82. They were close to new truck prices without the new truck junk in them.

Sledhead71
01-15-2022, 10:13 AM
Only things I saw of interest was the collection of low mileage trucks from the 60's-82. They were close to new truck prices without the new truck junk in them.

The truck market is catching up to the classic cars quickly, nice to see the diversity and taste for the trucks.

Big Grey Wolf
01-15-2022, 10:47 AM
Are trucks being auctioned just restored pick ups or they also the big boy Kenworths.

Reeves1
01-15-2022, 11:14 AM
So who here is bidding on this one ?

https://www.mecum.com/lots/FL0122-485906/1972-ford-pinto-wagon/?fbclid=IwAR1zD-BqB8A34QW2mQhYv3GVCUG7lZBsiYGiMWn6i2kWd57zI56qtZRX ED8

Sledhead71
01-15-2022, 11:44 AM
Are trucks being auctioned just restored pick ups or they also the big boy Kenworths.

No big rigs in the auction.

So who here is bidding on this one ?

https://www.mecum.com/lots/FL0122-485906/1972-ford-pinto-wagon/?fbclid=IwAR1zD-BqB8A34QW2mQhYv3GVCUG7lZBsiYGiMWn6i2kWd57zI56qtZRX ED8

How did I know you would find a Pinto :)