PDA

View Full Version : Eagle Lake

Sako300
01-14-2022, 10:43 AM
Hey guys,

Thinking about heading out to eagle lake (by Strathmore) this weekend for some ice fishing with the kids - anyone been lately? Not too familiar with the lake so any general recommendations on location would be much appreciated. Also, does anyone know if its ok to take a quad out on that lake, was thinking of bringing the quad and sled out to keep the kids entertained incase the fishing is slow.

Thanks!

TROLLER
01-14-2022, 03:43 PM
No problem with quad or snow machine. Most of the time 6-10 FOW should bring up a pike or two.

There are usually a few shacks on the ice so that will give you an idea where to start, other wise go down to the bay at the far end of the lake and try there.

devo11
01-16-2022, 08:02 PM
How was the fishing at eagle?

Sako300
01-17-2022, 07:41 AM
It was great, we probably managed ~10 fish between a few of us, with a few decent sized fish. I was blown away with the amount of people there, easily 50 trucks on the ice! It was really nice to see all the folks out there respectably enjoying time on the ice with their friends and family.

TROLLER
01-17-2022, 02:55 PM
That many on the ice makes one wonder how many bothered reading the regs that show it is now a C&R lake

calgarysledguy
01-17-2022, 04:46 PM
My son and I went out there Saturday from 2-5 snowmobiling. All I could think of was we can't have fishing derbies,to much pressure ,hard on the fishery bla bla.... I felt like I pulled up to a fishing derby! Good to see people out enjoying the beautiful day.

kevinhits
01-18-2022, 05:30 AM
News reporting 90k winds out that way this morning. Just a heads up if you are planning on going out this morning.