PDA

View Full Version : Treadmills

dfarms11
01-15-2022, 04:19 PM
Been looking around at treadmills. Not buying new but want decent quality and newer. Which ones are better? Which does one stay away from? There seems to be a few Horizon brand out there. Any recommendations on them?

artie
01-15-2022, 05:33 PM
I bought a Canadian tire tread mill. It works good for what I want to do but I have to wear ear plugs it is very loud.
If I ever buy another one that would be one consideration how quiet is the motor and tracking mechanism

elkhunter11
01-15-2022, 06:36 PM
There are quite a few hardly used treadmills on Kijiji, so I would look there, before shopping for a new one. Like most fitness items, many people quickly tire of them, and they sit unused after a couple of weeks.

Sitkaspruce
01-15-2022, 08:02 PM
The wife bought this one last year from CT

https://www.nordictrack.ca/treadmills/c-1750-treadmill

If you can find one, they had them on for $1600 at our local CT last week.

The cool thing about this is the IFit program. https://www.nordictrack.ca/ifit

She is running and hiking all over the world. I think she did 525 runs/hikes last year and got awards, medals, free **** and a couple free months.

We also bought the bike and I have been riding all over the world as well. Pretty cool riding in Moab, Turkey, Whistler and many other places.

Great way to spend the winter months keeping in shape!

Cheers

SS

brewster29
01-15-2022, 09:17 PM
My 3 cents worth: buy used, get a quiet one, get a folding unit unless you have tons of free space. You need to be able to have a tv in front of it!

El cheapo ones generally are junk...

bdub
01-16-2022, 07:46 AM
I have the horizon CT5.2 model. So far so good. I’m on it about an hour or so per week in the winter and we’ve had it for a few years. Its a fold up but still takes up a bit of room when up. Been good so far. Speeds from .5 - 10 mph and slopes up to 10 degrees. Deck is 20 x 55” and capacity is 300lbs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Homesteader
01-16-2022, 07:58 AM
Bdub makes lots of good points. Also watch hp. If I remember correctly you want to stay with 2.75 and up. Until I put mine in front of the tv it didn’t see much use lol

FAT POSSUM
01-16-2022, 08:32 AM
I've noticed on mine that the fan does not really blow directly on you. It blows off to the side and it does not have an adjustment.

It's a Nordictrack bought from Sears on clearance. It's a decent machine. 2.75 HP and it's reasonably quiet.

dfarms11
01-16-2022, 09:30 PM
Thanks for the responses. Will definitely look for a quieter one, a bigger motor and lifetime warranty on the frame and motor. I'd hope the rest of machine should be good as well.