PDA

View Full Version : Used cupboards

Savage Bacon
01-16-2022, 11:06 AM
Is there a market for used cupboards?

We developed the basement a few years ago when we had the old folks staying here. Now that we're thinking of renting the whole house out we're planning on undeveloping the basement.

I'd love to rent out upstairs and downstairs, but don't want to deal with renter disagreements.

What do I do with this stuff? We paid for everything so I don't want to just get rid of it. It was a kit put together from ikea. So not crazy fancy but definitely does the job.

Sent from my SM-G970W using Tapatalk

graybeard
01-16-2022, 11:13 AM
Is there a market for used cupboards?

What do I do with this stuff? We paid for everything so I don't want to just get rid of it. It was a kit put together from ikea. So not crazy fancy but definitely does the job.

There is a good interest in used cupboards.

Run an ad here on AO or Kijiji.....price to move them.

Guys are always looking for them for hunting shacks, garages, sheds....etc

That is how I found mine.

Good luck,

Grizzly Adams1
01-16-2022, 12:22 PM
Habitat for Humanity.

Grizz

fordtruckin
01-16-2022, 04:59 PM

Good luck,

Yep, lots of call for them in garages, shops or cabins etc... Definitely don't just toss them. If you don't want to deal with selling, as mentioned Habitat for humanity etc...

Blows my mind the number of people who don't want to give something away for free so they will toss a perfectly good item in the trash. (Not implying you would do that... just what I see every time I go to the dump).

Dewey Cox
01-16-2022, 05:47 PM
I don't think there is a bunch of money to be made, but there is definatley value in old cabinets.
Post them on here first, I'll bet you won't have to bump the ad.

RandyBoBandy
01-16-2022, 05:48 PM

Good luck,
And to ad to his list, Facebook Market Place. It seems to be the "go to" place these days :)

Big Grey Wolf
01-17-2022, 10:03 AM
Payed $165 for most of kitchen cabinet set for use at one of our trapper cabins from Habitat. Thus do not think they will pay much for their stock, but at least they are being recycled and reused.

Stinky Buffalo
01-17-2022, 10:43 AM
If you are going to take pictures to post them for sale, consider taking some before uninstalling them... More attractive that way...

-JR-
01-17-2022, 10:53 AM
leave it in Let the main renter rent out the basement if he wants to ,to lower his own rent.

ronkaren
01-19-2022, 09:57 PM
fairly big market for used cabinets. you'd have to get kind of lucky with them being used in a kitchen layout, but garages, work shops, basement suites, work great. I've taken lots in on trade, they sell fast at the right price.
you won't get near what you paid for them, but people are looking for used. if people are wanting them in a kitchen layout, they will pay more but they have to fit, or be able to be repurposed.

Map Maker
01-19-2022, 11:28 PM
Send me some pics and price.
I’ll looking to get some for my cabin.

Savage Bacon
01-20-2022, 10:10 PM
Send me some pics and price.

I’ll looking to get some for my cabin.Pm sent

Savage Bacon
01-20-2022, 10:14 PM
I won't waste them. I just wanted to get better use of the basement. If I do remove them I'll make sure they go to good use.

I'm a bit leery on letting a renter sublease the basement out. We originally wanted to rent out 2 separate suites. Upstairs, and a basement suite. But don't want to deal with the renters fighting about nonsense. I remember my renting days.

ganderblaster
01-21-2022, 05:45 AM
Habitat for humanity I believe gives a tax credit for the donation. A lot of the Reno companies I used to work With all did that with the old cabinets when re doing kitchens