PDA

View Full Version : CMAP's Issue In Lowrance Elite Ti

Frank_NK28
01-19-2022, 12:52 PM
So I use the free Social Maps in my EliteTi units. I have been using my Elite7Ti this winter for ice fishing but my maps were outdated. I went online today and downloaded the new updated maps for the lakes I fish and when I put the card back in the unit it would not populate the list of maps on my card. I did a few attempts and eventually called Lowrance. They said there seemed to be issues today with the same issue and referred me to Navico. The tech at Navico had me do a soft reset of my unit, reformat of my sd card, download and install the maps on the card again and it still would not populate the list? The tech says I'll put you on hold and get back to you. Five minutes later he comes back and says you have to be on the water for it to populate that map. I said it didn't need to do that before. I update them and load them in the unit in the boat in the carport usually and it populates my map list to my unit allowing me to select the map I want. I told him I had it in a portable pack and was using it for ice fishing and it had been working perfectly until I updated the maps this morning. Once again he says it will populate once on the water...I am wondering if I missed a step in the download process? I extracted the zip files the way I always do to the card and never had this happen before? Could it be when I loaded the cards into the units in the boat it acquires a better GPS fix owing to the Point 1 networked to it? I am stumped as it was working in the house before today. I could turn it on and scroll through my list of maps on the chart menu and select any lake and look at it on the unit but now I cannot? Any ideas?

Walleyedude
01-19-2022, 02:36 PM
Is the software version on your TI the latest available? I’d check that, and if not, be sure you update it.

Next thing I’d double and triple check is that your Content ID and Serial # are correct as registered in genesis maps and they match the unit, especially if you have more than one sonar unit and the cards could have been mixed up.

Do you have multiple lakes saved to the card? If so, I’d start real simple and just have one lake and nothing else on it.

If none of that solves the problem I’d be kinda stumped. I don’t think it’s related to not having a GPS signal or not being on the lake. I’d be looking to an issue with the downloaded map data.

The Lowrance service and warranty depot is in Edmonton, and they’re great guys. It’s definitely worth giving them a call and getting their thoughts.

EZM
01-19-2022, 03:16 PM
I know the head units themselves will "auto located based on your GPS position" and load up (render the compressed file) based on the head unit's GPS location. The data is stored on the unit as a compressed file and only rendering what you need in detail (uncompressed) makes sense for the actual contours and bathymetric data.

BUT ............. that should have nothing to do with updating the total database on your unit as you should be able to upload all the latest versions and updates of the compressed files for all the lakes your map card is authorized to upload.

You should be able to scroll your cursor from your front driveway to any lake, drill down into any bathymetric contour data but it may just take a second or two of delay (that's how my humminbird works anyways). If I'm on that lake (and the GPS location corresponds) the contours are pre loaded and come up right away instantly as I drive forward in the boat.

That is strange. Maybe Lowrance is different ...

Frank_NK28
01-19-2022, 03:19 PM
Is the software version on your TI the latest available? I’d check that, and if not, be sure you update it.

Next thing I’d double and triple check is that your Content ID and Serial # are correct as registered in genesis maps and they match the unit, especially if you have more than one sonar unit and the cards could have been mixed up.

Do you have multiple lakes saved to the card? If so, I’d start real simple and just have one lake and nothing else on it.

If none of that solves the problem I’d be kinda stumped. I don’t think it’s related to not having a GPS signal or not being on the lake. I’d be looking to an issue with the downloaded map data.

The Lowrance service and warranty depot is in Edmonton, and they’re great guys. It’s definitely worth giving them a call and getting their thoughts.

Thanks I appreciate that. I have the correct unit as registered in CMAPs, I went through all that with the tech. I keep a list of the info on my phone and when comparing it to the info in CMAPs it is correct. I have done everything the way they suggest to download maps including trying just one and cannot get it to populate them in the list on the Chart Selection tab? I am at a loss trying to figure it out. I know I have the correct card as I pulled it out of the unit this morning and put it in the PC to update the maps I wanted and it had been working perfectly in my unit until then. I am currently running it in a portable pack for ice fishing. It is the unit I use on the bow of my boat in summer.

AlbertanGP
01-19-2022, 03:25 PM
Make a new card for your ice fishing unit and put just the one lake on it. CMaps is buggy for me with multiple lakes. I'm letting my annual subscription run out on Sunday after finding out that even if you pay the annual fee to keep your maps private, they still steal ownership of them from you when you upload them to do with as they please down the road... :mad0100:

Frank_NK28
01-19-2022, 05:15 PM
Make a new card for your ice fishing unit and put just the one lake on it. CMaps is buggy for me with multiple lakes. I'm letting my annual subscription run out on Sunday after finding out that even if you pay the annual fee to keep your maps private, they still steal ownership of them from you when you upload them to do with as they please down the road... :mad0100:

I never paid for a subscription because I suspected that would happen anyways but yes I'd be po's too if I were you!

Frank_NK28
01-19-2022, 05:17 PM

Spoke with Wayne at the Edmonton Service depot....took us about 25 minutes but we got it working. It still will not populate the map list on the chart source tab but the maps are at least appearing with all the data as they should if you scroll to the lakes on the screen. Thanks for the heads up...Wayne was scratching his head too as I had done everything right. In the end he had me restore the unit to factory defaults and that is when the unit finally started showing the maps??

ragweed
01-19-2022, 05:25 PM
I've had a Hook Reveal for two years now and have yet to get the cmaps to load on it. Multiple calls to Lowrance. No luck. I've simply gotten used to working without a preloaded map. Thanks for asking about this. Now that I have my unit on a portable power pack, I'm going to retackle this issue again. Thanks for everyone creating the checklist.