PDA

View Full Version : Sunshine Coast Fishing Charter

FinnDawg
01-24-2022, 01:55 PM
Hello,

I’m wondering if anyone has any suggestions or recommends a fishing charter on the Sunshine Coast? We are staying in Sachelt early April and looking to do a day of fishing. Hoping to catch some salmon but would love to get into some rockfish as well (if the season is open?).

Thanks,

HuyFishin
01-24-2022, 02:13 PM
ahhh thats such a nice place. Rockfish and lingcod just open up at that time too! might be good!!

Lucky!!

Serengeti Charters
01-24-2022, 03:23 PM
Don't think down there lingcod or rockfish are open that early in season, believe mid May is when they open up (know for lingcod it is mid may, unsure about rockfish). If there before April 15th would be able to keep Chinook salmon I believe.

HuyFishin
01-24-2022, 04:39 PM
Don't think down there lingcod or rockfish are open that early in season, believe mid May is when they open up (know for lingcod it is mid may, unsure about rockfish). If there before April 15th would be able to keep Chinook salmon I believe.

ahh I thought it was open April 1st as well! just my assumption, didn't check the regs.

FinnDawg
01-26-2022, 08:39 AM
Awesome thanks for the info guys. The refs are a little more tricky to sort through than albertas lol.

FearNoFish
01-26-2022, 05:04 PM
I always fish with Tom Poulton at https://www.tipsup.ca/about
Really easy going and accommodating local guide. He will find something to bite your line, even in April.

Cheers
Brandon

bcsteely
02-05-2022, 05:22 AM
Fished with Powell river sport fishing couple summers ago , was top notch!! Good luck!