PDA

View Full Version : Savage Arms B-Mag SS HB Weaver Mounts

knacker
02-07-2022, 08:00 AM
Howdy all.

I tried searching for "savage b-mag" and "savage arms b-mag" for this forum, but no search results were returned so I'm making this post.

I have sent an inquiry to Savage Arms based on their FAQs to find out if the Weaver #16 bases do indeed fit the Savage Arms B-Mag SS HB but I figured I would ask you guys as well.

From the Savage Arms FAQs: https://service.savagearms.com/hc/en-us/articles/214237423-What-kind-of-scope-mounts-are-included-with-the-rimfire-models-

The mounts that are included with some of our rimfire models are standard weaver-style bases. You should be able to use them with a standard weaver ring to mount a scope. If your gun does not have bases, a Weaver #16 or 24 will fit. You can also purchase these bases from our customer service department at (413) 568-7001

There are a lot of mounts available from around the internet for this rifle, but I am putting an order together from Bass Pro/Cabela's and the only mounts they have that are "supposed" to fit are the Weaver #16s. The rifle is supposed to show up tomorrow and I will see if there are bases included or not.

Thanks for the help!

Dean2
02-07-2022, 08:03 AM
If you look on Weaver's web site there is a listing of all rifles and the various 2 piece, rails etc that fit them. Says the M15 front and back. 16s fit the model 64 rimfire

https://www.weaveroptics.com/w-mount-charts.html

B-MAG (WSM ALL CALIBERS) 15M
(48015)
15M
(48015) 48480 602 (48305)
B-SERIES (RIM FIRE ALL CALIBERS) 15M
(48015)
15M
(48015) 48480 606 (48309)
93R17,MARK I, MARK II, CUB 5,26 16
(48016)
(48016) 601 (48304)
64 16
(48016)
(48016) 603 (48306)

knacker
02-07-2022, 08:21 AM
Yep! I've read that but my question is directed to the Savage Arms FAQs that I posted. As I understand the Weaver and Savage Arms literature, B-Mag can take a more than one size of the Weaver base. edit: The Savage Arms FAQ seems to be contrary to the Weaver list so I am wondering if Savage Arms has tested this out. They say all rimfires.

If Cabela's stocked and sold the Weaver mounts for the B-Mag according to the Weaver list I definitely would not be posting the question here.

Thanks!

Dean2
02-07-2022, 08:28 AM
I do know how to read and I did read your original post carefully. The Savage Arms FAQ says "SOME" of our rimfires. So clearly some others use different bases. I would strongly suggest you believe Weaver, they made the bases and I have always found their fit chart accurate. Try calling Savage customer service and see what they have to say since you don't want to believe me or Weaver. Let us know what they tell you.

knacker
02-07-2022, 08:34 AM
No criticism towards you and I agree that I would side with Weaver on this but I am just looking for absolute confirmation. I don't want to order anything until the rifle is in my hands as well as being 100% sure the mounts aren't included.

If the rifle comes before Savage Arms replies and there are no mounts, I will be ordering from another vendor that sells the specific mounts Weaver lists.

And my bad for saying "all", but they were referring to "some" of their rimfire rifles which come with bases, and then proceed to say if the rifle doesn't come with bases, the #16 and #24 will work. It's too vague for me.

WildBillG
02-07-2022, 04:31 PM
The B Mag will likely come with the bases mounted. Take them off and wipe the bases and where they mount with carb cleaner. A lot of fire arm comoanies send their guns out with oil under the bases.
The B Mag is a nice rifle I have one with the thumb hole laminate stock. The 17 WSM is like a rim fire 22-250 it destroys what ever little animal tou shoot.

Back Country Hunter
02-08-2022, 09:38 AM
The Cabela's listing for the rifle you have mentioned states that the rifle comes with bases, hope this helps.

knacker
02-08-2022, 12:50 PM
Thanks all.

I emailed the vendor (Extreme Range Outfitters) regarding the bases and they said the rifle has them included. I'll remove and clean them as mentioned.

Canada Post showed up an hour ago with the rifle but I haven't opened it yet.

I picked this one up to round out my rimfire options, and am looking forward to getting my daughters out shooting. I wanted something that offered a bit more range before moving them up to centerfires. Should be fun!

Dean2
02-09-2022, 07:19 AM
Thanks all.

I emailed the vendor (Extreme Range Outfitters) regarding the bases and they said the rifle has them included. I'll remove and clean them as mentioned.

Canada Post showed up an hour ago with the rifle but I haven't opened it yet.

I picked this one up to round out my rimfire options, and am looking forward to getting my daughters out shooting. I wanted something that offered a bit more range before moving them up to centerfires. Should be fun!

The bases are stamped with the number. Let us know which bases are on it once you get it open, please.

knacker
02-11-2022, 07:52 AM
I will grab the numbers and post them.

knacker
02-15-2022, 08:31 AM
I finally mounted the scope yesterday after removing the mounts and cleaning off the oil and grime.

I've taken pictures but the only numbers stamped on any side of the mounts is "0". I'm curious if my other Savage rifles are the same.