PDA

View Full Version : Heavy Snow Dump at Calling Lake

Drewski Canuck
02-07-2022, 11:00 AM
About a foot of fresh snow fell over the last week at Calling. It is very hard getting around now that the weather has warmed and the snow is heavy - sticky.

Sledding was great, but even then the snow was coming over the windshield. There was that much powder snow.

Take a sled if you have one, or make sure you follow an existing track, have a shovel, tire chains, and willing people to dig and push if need be.

Drewski

Sooner
02-07-2022, 01:28 PM
Was sledding our hunting spot N of Calling on Saturday. Prairie Oyster deep snow now. A week prior was just over the knees. That storm really added some fresh stuff.

Was wondering what the lake had for snow depths as we drove by on the way home.

SNAPFisher
02-07-2022, 06:58 PM
Wow. Thanks for the heads up. Down in central the ice is compacting and travel has opened up. Too bad the fishing sucks!

fish99
02-07-2022, 09:33 PM
Wow. Thanks for the heads up. Down in central the ice is compacting and travel has opened up. Too bad the fishing sucks!

cars driving on pigeon

SNAPFisher
02-08-2022, 10:48 AM
cars driving on pigeon

Yes, and the fishing still sucks. Or sucks for me....
Or I suck :)

astepanuk
02-08-2022, 10:55 AM
Planning to hit Calling Lake on the long weekend I'll have my sled and Skimmer ready to rock just need to decide where to go.

lromanchuk
02-08-2022, 11:16 AM
About a foot of fresh snow fell over the last week at Calling. It is very hard getting around now that the weather has warmed and the snow is heavy - sticky.

Sledding was great, but even then the snow was coming over the windshield. There was that much powder snow.

Take a sled if you have one, or make sure you follow an existing track, have a shovel, tire chains, and willing people to dig and push if need be.

Drewski

How was the fishin?

Drewski Canuck
02-08-2022, 01:35 PM
well since you asked,... spent Saturday morning clearing over a foot of snow in the yard as I had a pool table being delivered so no fishing.

Saturday evening had 4 hits but did not stay til dark as I had a bunch of slightly drunk young men to supervise.

The bite has been slow and very light on the weekend. Fish are a bit shut down, so you need to cut lots of holes and move hole to hole to find an active fish.

Temperature is improving, and longer days, so we should turn the corner soon.

Drewski

fish99
02-08-2022, 06:16 PM
Yes, and the fishing still sucks. Or sucks for me....
Or I suck :)

sucks is right not may catching anything