Scott N
02-09-2022, 12:32 PM
no

Doc D
02-09-2022, 01:25 PM
You can always drive on.......just maybe not off

kbobbeck
02-09-2022, 03:18 PM
the lake is small enough to access all the best fishing spots by foot. Fished it 2 weeks ago. 20 ft or so out from 1st campsite on east side. lots of nice trout . park in boat launch area follow shore to your right. Good luck !!

bowness
02-09-2022, 04:29 PM
the lake is small enough to access all the best fishing spots by foot. Fished it 2 weeks ago. 20 ft or so out from 1st campsite on east side. lots of nice trout . park in boat launch area follow shore to your right. Good luck !!

Thanks for replies.

CNP
02-10-2022, 09:28 AM
No driving on the lake with any vehicle, be it a highway vehicle or off-highway vehicle.

tallieho
02-10-2022, 09:47 AM
You should never be allowed to drive on frozen water lake,res etc. Retrieval costs are extremely high>$5000.00 Then tack on the environmental damage[all the fish die]. So a trout lake stocked annually with 3000 fish at roughly 7.50 a fish $ 22-2300 ,then the fine,increase in your insurance.A new vechile because your insurance ,won't pay for the one that went for a swim.. A guy that went thru Bullshaed years ago total replace was near 100k.Fishery has been void of fish since.PH levels of the chart

pinelakeperch
02-10-2022, 12:11 PM
No driving on the lake with any vehicle, be it a highway vehicle or off-highway vehicle.

What kind of toll has the warm weather had on the ice? I haven't been out there since the heat wave.

Dale S
02-10-2022, 12:31 PM
You should never be allowed to drive on frozen water lake,res etc. Retrieval costs are extremely high>$5000.00 Then tack on the environmental damage[all the fish die]. So a trout lake stocked annually with 3000 fish at roughly 7.50 a fish $ 22-2300 ,then the fine,increase in your insurance.A new vechile because your insurance ,won't pay for the one that went for a swim.. A guy that went thru Bullshaed years ago total replace was near 100k.Fishery has been void of fish since.PH levels of the chartAll fish don't die and, insurance will cover it.

Sent from my SM-A705W using Tapatalk

kevinhits
02-10-2022, 12:34 PM
You should never be allowed to drive on frozen water lake,res etc. Retrieval costs are extremely high>$5000.00 Then tack on the environmental damage[all the fish die]. So a trout lake stocked annually with 3000 fish at roughly 7.50 a fish $ 22-2300 ,then the fine,increase in your insurance.A new vechile because your insurance ,won't pay for the one that went for a swim.. A guy that went thru Bullshaed years ago total replace was near 100k.Fishery has been void of fish since.PH levels of the chart

All the fish die? come on man. Dramatic are we?

It is only a couple of idiots per year that this happens!

So, we should ban firearms because of a couple dummy's?

You do you and I will drive out on the ice when safe to do so.:bad_boys_20:

matt1984
02-10-2022, 12:48 PM
Be cautious if you have a dog, since they implemented the provincial park in the area they have officers there often. If you have your dog off leash, or even on a leash that's deemed "too long" they were giving out fines on the regular.

CNP
02-10-2022, 01:59 PM
What kind of toll has the warm weather had on the ice? I haven't been out there since the heat wave.

???

Going tomorrow

Scott N
02-11-2022, 06:11 AM
I've seen guys out on Beaver Mines Lake this year with snowmobiles, quads, and side-by-sides 3 times this ice fishing season, but absolutely no officers out license checking and enforcing off road vehicle rules.

CNP
02-11-2022, 07:28 AM
I've seen guys out on Beaver Mines Lake this year with snowmobiles, quads, and side-by-sides 3 times this ice fishing season, but absolutely no officers out license checking and enforcing off road vehicle rules.

Disabled persons can use an OHV on the lake. Maybe that was the case? I know of one distinguished, elderly, disabled man that fishes the lake man with the assistance of a SXS.

Frank_NK28
02-11-2022, 08:19 AM
Can you please explain how putting a vehicle through the ice raises PH levels? Lakes Ni****ing and Simcoe in Ont would be long dead if vehicles going through the ice killed off the fishery. Only thing I ever knew of that died from a vehicle going through is the engine temporarily and a few fisherman including one friend who died several years ago when he put a 12 passenger Bombardier through the ice in 37 feet of water on Nip.

Scott N
02-11-2022, 01:11 PM
Disabled persons can use an OHV on the lake. Maybe that was the case? I know of one distinguished, elderly, disabled man that fishes the lake man with the assistance of a SXS.

It's certainly possible regarding the SxS, but I'm pretty sure the other 2 people just didn't know the rules. Buddy on the snowmobile got stuck near the boat launch and dug himself free, he was able bodied.