PDA

View Full Version : Wabamun?

trigger7mm
02-11-2022, 01:57 PM
Has anybody been out to Wabamun lately? Wondering if it’s worth a 3 hour drive to try for a few walleye? Have a good weekend folks!

-JR-
02-11-2022, 02:04 PM
It was very slow last weekend , talked to a few other tents and no bits .

trigger7mm
02-11-2022, 04:39 PM
Thanks for the report.

walleye guy
02-12-2022, 09:18 AM
was at Wabamun couple days ago, slow during the day, but caught about 6 walleye right at dusk. They would have been nice sized fish if they were perch all about 33cm.

lakerman
02-13-2022, 08:32 AM
bring the ice cleats, read the regs, lots fishing for whites none seen but I always ask whats the regs as I don't keep any fish, different answers 10,5,3,1,how many walleye can I keep?:angry3: Lowrance was demoing products, but I got there just as they were packing up. Anyone go see any new units? oh and caught a few fish, but great day to be out.

SNAPFisher
02-13-2022, 09:04 AM
bring the ice cleats, read the regs, lots fishing for whites none seen but I always ask whats the regs as I don't keep any fish, different answers 10,5,3,1,how many walleye can I keep?:angry3: Lowrance was demoing products, but I got there just as they were packing up. Anyone go see any new units? oh and caught a few fish, but great day to be out.

LOL! Sounds like an officers hey day when the do start catching. So many ill informed people out there.

Smoky buck
02-13-2022, 09:20 AM

No excuses for not reading the regs before going fishing

I am not hearing much about people catching whites even. Don’t even know why they opened them

Wish they would focus of stocking some prey species and more effort thinning walleye

Diploneis
02-18-2022, 08:48 AM
Is anyone seeing whites in the water and, if so, where? Used to fish the south side near Sundance but no lake access these days. I'm debating between Fallis and the provincial park.

Stinky Buffalo
02-18-2022, 09:44 AM
Last time I was at Fallis (three weeks ago) it was pretty slow. Had a great chat with another person who managed a burbot and a walleye, but that was it.

Haven't seen a white there for many years. Mind you, I don't get out there much lately.

Diploneis
02-18-2022, 09:53 AM
Thanks Stinky B!