PDA

View Full Version : Fork Lake

Sooner
02-11-2022, 02:41 PM
Work had me up the east side of Fork lake the other day. In talking to the farmer I was meeting, he said it is a good lake to catch some pike. I have a brother in law who is technically mentally disabled but is more like you and me all day long and he loves pike fishing so I thought we would give it a try on the long weekend as it sounds like the fishing is generally good to keep him catching some and if it is big enough, you can keep one there. He loves bringing one home for his mom to cook.

I did not see any vehicles on the lake or access on the east side along highway 867, only shacks and sled access. Maybe I missed it.

Is there a place to get on the lake with a vehicle? I do have sleds to move around with but like to park in a parking lot or just onto the ice.

Thanks for any info

mlee
02-11-2022, 05:13 PM
Yeah just north of the campsite you drive right down onto the beach and on the lake right there. Pretty sire you can also get on the south side by the cabins.
If you can make it up to the fork there's always good pike action just where it makes the turn north on the west side.

Woodmonkey
02-12-2022, 10:16 AM
Access on east end by campground or at Bennett beach if it's not too badly drifted in.
Also another access point at North west end of lake in development.

If you're after a couple keeper pike there are lots of other lakes I'd try up that way before Fork Lake.

Hammer handle size but not many bigger fish from our past years of fishing there.

Have fun!

Stan

Kingfisher8
02-13-2022, 06:42 AM
I would definitely take your sled if you go fish fork lake. Took me 3 hours to get my fishing shack out of some flood water. I attached a picture to show you what I was dealing with. Good luck.