PDA

View Full Version : Redding Dies and Recent Shortages of Dies and Guns

Dean2
02-12-2022, 09:55 AM
Prophet River had ordered two Redding dies for me over a year and a half ago. They have finally showed up and Tanner mailed them to me yesterday. Nice thing is, pricing has not really gone up on them.Hopefully this means Redding Dies will be easier to come by going forward.

From what Tanner said however, supplies of things like Browning BLRs, Sako 85s is going to be really tight still, and the BLRs, when the new supplies are available 24 months from now, will go up enough that Prophet's cost on them will be more than current retail. If you are thinking of getting an 85 or BLR I would be looking hard for existing stock.

elkhunter11
02-12-2022, 10:10 AM
I ordered Redding dies for my 6.5PRC from the USA last year, because they had them in stock. I only found one dealer that had them in stock in the USA.

Jerry D
02-12-2022, 03:04 PM
I just got a price check from a buddy for Remington thunderbolts box of 500 .22lr is going for $55.00. I got these maybe a year ago for around $30-35 a box.

I see some vortex scopes have increased by around 30%.

Powder was what? 40$ lb - year or two ago, maybe 3 and now it’s 80$ Plus I’ve seen.

Food. Housing. Everything

Ken3134
02-12-2022, 03:10 PM
Yes, guns, dies, optics, ammo is all getting difficult to obtain or at least have selection to choose from. I ended up ordering my last set of does from the States on eBay which I really don’t like to do. Ordered a scope from Phrophet River, wanted another the same and sounds like that will have to be sometime in the future. If you find what your after you don’t want to take too long to think about it. Also, may want to think a bit longer before selling anything………

Dean2
02-12-2022, 03:21 PM
Yes, guns, dies, optics, ammo is all getting difficult to obtain or at least have selection to choose from. I ended up ordering my last set of does from the States on eBay which I really don’t like to do. Ordered a scope from Phrophet River, wanted another the same and sounds like that will have to be sometime in the future. If you find what your after you don’t want to take too long to think about it. Also, may want to think a bit longer before selling anything………

Absolutely true. In fact, I removed a bunch of stuff from the buy and sell a few weeks ago, exactly because getting any kind of a replacement is such a problem. I may not get quite as good a price for the stuff a couple of years from now when supply eases up, but at least if I or a buddy of mine needs it, I have it on hand.

32-40win
02-13-2022, 09:59 PM
When I wanted one last year, it took a serious search to come up with an FLS bushing die, out of the US, then had to get bushings elsewhere. I didn't want the seater as I already had a Forster. Forster can be a bit of a search too, depending what you want.

wallz
02-14-2022, 09:20 AM
Hmmm, in the last month I was able to come up with dies for my 6.5 PRC and 7mm-08. And Forester and Whidden dies to boot.

Even came across a dealer with a new Forster coax press. Was able to find some 303 british dies yesterday, and projectiles.

Powder, and magnum primers, found a bunch last month.

Just one thing I can't seem to find is some brass for the 303 B.

So mostly set up for reloading, in 1 1/2 months. Just awaiting my scale, and I can start.