PDA

View Full Version : Aqua vu quad hd u/water camera

Hartly
02-15-2022, 11:27 AM
Thinking of buying the Aqua Vu Quad HD U/WATER Camera. Does any one here have it ?How do you like it? Is it worth the money? Thanks in advance.

AlbertanGP
02-15-2022, 11:54 AM
Thinking of buying the Aqua Vu Quad HD U/WATER Camera. Does any one here have it ?How do you like it? Is it worth the money? Thanks in advance.

https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-PLb4MWS/0/f843766c/X3/i-PLb4MWS-X3.jpg

Yes. Lots. And Yes. I did have to send the first one back as two of the cameras crapped out on it. I haven't used the new one since I've been using my LiveScope and Active Target units more often recently.

Underwater cameras are super helpful in the winter when the water is relatively clear. They are not so helpful in most of our lakes in the summer when the water is cloudier with algae. You can learn things with a camera about fish behaviour that can only be duplicated with a $4,000 live imaging setup. The only disadvantage is that they can sometimes spook fish (not as often as you might think) and they don't work well in low light which is primetime for catching most fish.

Would I spend $2,500 on a QuadHD or $2,000 on a live imaging system if I already had a compatible sonar? Live imaging every day of the week and twice on Sundays. ;)

Lambo
02-15-2022, 12:08 PM
I had the early version with the big bulky screen. Worked great til the camera leaked and one of the cameras kept fogging up. Great idea with the 4 cameras though. I would buy another one...oh wait, just saw the price. No thanks. lol

Frank_NK28
02-15-2022, 02:54 PM
I feel for what they offer if you're not concerned with capturing video you're just as well off with a lower priced unit. If videoing is what you are after then buy a unit with built in SD card recording availability. I've been running a 715C for a few seasons now. I swapped the battery last year to a 9.5AH battery and the unit will run sun-up to sundown no problem. For what I do with it the picture quality is just fine. Other than the quad unit the camera is identical if you read the specs on the 715 and HD units. I am guessing the HD difference is in the monitor(screen)? But as I said for what I am doing which is basically watching fish and how they react to my baits in water under 15' deep usually it's just fine. I have had it down to bottom though in 68' of water on Cold Lake and watched Lakers. That deep its tougher to see but in good conditions can be done.