PDA

View Full Version : Finding new lake trout locations

Weavster
02-16-2022, 06:57 PM
I spent a bit of time mapping some new structure this summer and finally was able to go check it out to see how the fish relate to it during the winter. Hopefully this little break down of how I decided to fish this structure and what kind of things to look for help point some of you in the right direction. Its always nice exploring new locations to see what they have in store. This paid off this day as we found some aggressive fish that were willing to chase which has been a nice change from the lethargic fish over the past few days out.

Good luck whoever is at the tournament this weekend!

Thanks again for all the support I truly appreciate it!

https://youtu.be/xXbbfRQ1JpY

58thecat
02-16-2022, 07:47 PM
Thx for sharing Matt, seems the way to go like a few weeks ago they were finicky and off the bottom in a lot less water but lately 120-140 fow working the bottom up in what I like to call a valley for structure....gotta be willing to move to get on them though cuz what was more than likely will not be but at least you got a starting point.:sHa_shakeshout:

Keep the videos coming too.

JohnB
02-16-2022, 07:59 PM
Another great video, thanks for sharing.

RACKER
02-16-2022, 08:51 PM
Another great video. You make it look so easy.How you can stay calm hooking into those fish amazes me. I would be losing it. All the info you give out is a super asset for those out chasing trout on Cold. How often do you move in a day/how long in a spot before you move. Best of luck on your next outing.

Weavster
02-17-2022, 06:53 AM
Thx for sharing Matt, seems the way to go like a few weeks ago they were finicky and off the bottom in a lot less water but lately 120-140 fow working the bottom up in what I like to call a valley for structure....gotta be willing to move to get on them though cuz what was more than likely will not be but at least you got a starting point.:sHa_shakeshout:
Keep the videos coming too.

Yep sometimes the smallest moves on a piece of structure can make all the difference! When you think you have it figured out one day they will be somewhere else the next thats the joys of fishing.

Another great video, thanks for sharing.

Another great video. You make it look so easy.How you can stay calm hooking into those fish amazes me. I would be losing it. All the info you give out is a super asset for those out chasing trout on Cold. How often do you move in a day/how long in a spot before you move. Best of luck on your next outing.

I get more excited for guests that come out and catch then I do myself lol. I filmed another video earlier last week that I ran around a bit and caught a few in a variety of areas. Generally if I'm after action and I haven't seen anything or caught in 45mins I'll be making a bigger move. If I've caught one or two but aren't seeing much I'll try a smaller depth move. If I'm in an area that I know bigger fish frequent more often I will often sit there all day regardless of action hoping for one big bite.

astepanuk
02-17-2022, 09:25 AM
Great video interesting's tactics that I will try out!

OL_JR
02-17-2022, 08:49 PM
Nice, looks like you had a good day. Fun lake to explore for sure, no shortage of structure.

Weavster
02-18-2022, 07:25 PM
Great video interesting's tactics that I will try out!

Sometimes this can be the best method to find the spot on the spot

Nice, looks like you had a good day. Fun lake to explore for sure, no shortage of structure.

Its pretty much endless out there!

does it ALL outdoors
02-19-2022, 06:11 AM
You couldn't keep them off your line, well done!

Some REAL beauties ya landed there, Congrats! :happy0180:

Weavster
02-19-2022, 09:21 PM
You couldn't keep them off your line, well done!

Some REAL beauties ya landed there, Congrats! :happy0180:

Thanks dude such an awesome day!