PDA

View Full Version : Battle lake access

RACKER
02-22-2022, 10:01 PM
I know Battle can be a very bad lake to drive on but i was wondering if anyone has driven out there lately.Might have to bring the quad and sled instead but was just curious if trucks were crossing over to the 4H side or NW from the launch.

fish99
02-23-2022, 06:11 PM
seen a family of 4 on sled go there from the boat launch a bout 3 weeks ago .

Fishin' Fool
02-24-2022, 07:46 AM
I know Battle can be a very bad lake to drive on but i was wondering if anyone has driven out there lately.Might have to bring the quad and sled instead but was just curious if trucks were crossing over to the 4H side or NW from the launch.

One of the last times I was there, years ago, there was an ice road marked out to a hole in the middle of the lake where a pickup had gone through. It would have been pretty close to the line you'd follow to get to the 4H camp.

I had known about and seen the springs along shore, but seeing that big hole out in the middle freaked me out. I've never driven on Battle since.

I've had great action in the summer but winter has always been a tough go for me there, so between slow fishing and the chance of a swim, I mostly leave Battle alone in the winter.

I've had some luck walking out in the little bay off the east end of the campground, but not enough to bring me back.

RACKER
02-24-2022, 11:52 AM
One of the last times I was there, years ago, there was an ice road marked out to a hole in the middle of the lake where a pickup had gone through. It would have been pretty close to the line you'd follow to get to the 4H camp.

I had known about and seen the springs along shore, but seeing that big hole out in the middle freaked me out. I've never driven on Battle since.

I've had great action in the summer but winter has always been a tough go for me there, so between slow fishing and the chance of a swim, I mostly leave Battle alone in the winter.

I've had some luck walking out in the little bay off the east end of the campground, but not enough to bring me back.

Thanks for the info.