PDA

View Full Version : camping pinehurst

thorne
09-08-2009, 06:48 AM
Can anyone fill me in on the camping at pinehurst. Going for a few days at the end of the month. When does it close and should I book ahead......

bsnyder
09-08-2009, 08:33 AM
:wave:not sure if it does close, we allways go there for Thanksgiving and have the place to ourselves.Its great , snow sometimes but always have a great time :DWalleye fishing is crappy this time of the year:tongue2: but a few huge pike caught and realesed, have fun:D

unclebuck
09-08-2009, 08:34 AM
The campground has no reservations and never closes!! First come, first served. Open year around to accomodate hunters & ice fishermen. You will have to bring your own wood, or your saw and cut some standing dead wood outside of the park.

thorne
09-08-2009, 10:37 AM
Thanks for the info gents...walleye might be slow but hey I like a challeng ad a few huge pike just make it more interesting....

javlin101
09-08-2009, 10:45 AM
Ya I think I am going to try Pinehurst again this weekend, after that time to button up the boat for the season.

bsnyder
09-08-2009, 06:40 PM
Ya I think I am going to try Pinehurst again this weekend, after that time to button up the boat for the season.

:wave:no way, still some great big walleye at Deleron Lake and the Vanity Cup in Nipawan in Oct.Want my 14pd plus this year:love:

javlin101
09-09-2009, 08:11 AM
Ya, I hear ya but getting into Quading season for me, yup do most of my quading in the fall & winter. Never know though I keep the boat at the lake & have been known to throw the batteries back in & fish in Oct if the weather permits.

jan
09-09-2009, 10:19 AM
Fishing for the walleye at this time is slow.Try to fish for pickeral deep 30 feet and deeper,but don't expect much actions. I use slip bober.Wood is free
at wood lot.Watch for SKUNKS.Last year my dog was spray and the smell
for sure keep bears and wife away.Lake in the fall is beautiful.
Mostly in October i hunt but this year I get draw for Cow elk &moose in November,so I am going to be at Pinehurst for 5 or more days .