PDA

View Full Version : RIP Bob Pitcairn

catnthehat
03-04-2022, 06:41 PM
Speaking with an older friend today. And was told that the great shooter Bob Pitcairn has passed to quieter ranges!:(
Seems we are all getting older .....
Cat

duceman
03-04-2022, 06:44 PM
too bad, an iron sight shooter that shamed many a scope shooter.:(

catnthehat
03-04-2022, 06:51 PM
too bad, an iron sight shooter that shamed many a scope shooter.:(

The man was incredible, for sure!
Cat

scooterj
03-04-2022, 09:01 PM
I used to shoot BCRA matches and Bob was always there running the show and sharing his vast knowledge of the sport. Gonna be impossible to replace people like him. RIP

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk

DLab
03-06-2022, 07:35 AM
https://peisportshalloffame.ca/pitcairn-capt-robert-andrew-g-c-rifle-shooting/

Thought I'd post this, what he accomplished in the Shooting Sports was incredible, to say the least.

duceman
03-06-2022, 10:19 AM
https://peisportshalloffame.ca/pitcairn-capt-robert-andrew-g-c-rifle-shooting/

Thought I'd post this, what he accomplished in the Shooting Sports was incredible, to say the least.

wow! i had no idea i was laying beside and taking a couple pointers from a legend!

sure am sad to see these old timers go to greener ranges................

catnthehat
03-06-2022, 10:36 AM
When I first started messing with the .223 Wylde I asked my father about using Varget in it.
He told me to phone Bob " you may as well ask someone who is winning "! LOL
Bob was always willing to share his knowledge with younger shooters , he will be missed .
Cat

Blockcaver
03-06-2022, 04:20 PM
Met Bob two years ago one summer evening about an hour before dark at the Kamloops range. He was camped there waiting on an upcoming shoot. Almost didn't shoot that evening as talking to Bob was the highlight of the month. What an outstanding gentleman, accomplished hunter and as noted...maybe one of the very best shooters ever. Wish I could have spent a day with him! Rest in peace Bob.