PDA

View Full Version : Never seen Slave Lake Fishing So Crappy

bsnyder
09-08-2009, 08:49 AM
Just got back from the Golden Walleye Clasic:tongue2:Where are the fish?, its getting bad ! We weighed in but lots didnt,and the big fish was only a little over 3 pds:huh:
Lots of us are starting to think spending $1000.entry fee plus a $1000. in expenses for 2 pd fish is nuts.It seems to be getting worse every year:tongue2:Bunch of us might try to get in.to the Southern SASK ones.We love Slave but this is getting nuts.

floppychicken
09-08-2009, 09:36 AM
Just got back from the Golden Walleye Clasic:tongue2:Where are the fish?, its getting bad ! We weighed in but lots didnt,and the big fish was only a little over 3 pds:huh:
Lots of us are starting to think spending $1000.entry fee plus a $1000. in expenses for 2 pd fish is nuts.It seems to be getting worse every year:tongue2:Bunch of us might try to get in.to the Southern SASK ones.We love Slave but this is getting nuts.

HOLY SHEEP SH!T !!

I had no idea the entry fees and expenses were so HIGH ! They must have one HELLUVA' nice money list when asking such an enormous entry fee ! I can't imagine paying that kind of money to fish a lake that may SKUNK a PRO ! Yikes....

/FC...

Shmag
09-08-2009, 10:53 AM
Hi Bob, yes i agree. For the last few weeks slave(east) has been very slow, couldn't seem to get onto a group of fish. Seems like they are very scattered and just getting the odd one here and there. I have been fishing it since 92 and i have never seen it this bad either. This is on the east end and thought they headed back to the west end earlier this year, but after reading your comments and hearing from others that fished the west end that may not be the case. Humm, as far as the little big fish, i could see that happening, the reg's do nothing to keep big fish and they are getting thinned out pretty good. I think the first few tourney i fished on slave the winning weights were around the 32-34lb mark and going down 3/4 to a pound every year. Not good for a lake this size.

Cal
09-08-2009, 12:03 PM
It is my superstition that lightning storms can put them down as well. Plenty of that this weekend.

nicemustang
09-08-2009, 01:28 PM
Never been to slave...but weird fishing year this year for sure.

CAL: Thunder and Lightning does really affect the fishing as well. For some reason the bite is OFF the next day and could be for a few days after, depending on how bad it was. I've experienced this many times. I don't know if it's the cold front or the actually thunder and lightning, but it's something.

floppychicken
09-08-2009, 04:15 PM
Never been to slave...but weird fishing year this year for sure.

CAL: Thunder and Lightning does really affect the fishing as well. For some reason the bite is OFF the next day and could be for a few days after, depending on how bad it was. I've experienced this many times. I don't know if it's the cold front or the actually thunder and lightning, but it's something.

Yeah I've noticed that too....

What's so bizarre is that in the East, fishing after a STORM or after any rain, usually produces AWESOME fishing ! Weird stuff....

/FC...

tatonkagp
09-08-2009, 04:45 PM
I was at slave about a month ago and very little fish under the 3 lbs mark all fish in the 3-4 range. Lots and lots of fish.

bsnyder
09-08-2009, 06:17 PM
HOLY SHEEP SH!T !!

I had no idea the entry fees and expenses were so HIGH ! They must have one HELLUVA' nice money list when asking such an enormous entry fee ! I can't imagine paying that kind of money to fish a lake that may SKUNK a PRO ! Yikes....

/FC...

:wave:Ya , the entry fee is $1000 and around $30 a day for a spot in the field , $8 to launch (1.5 ft of water in small marena)$125 a day for fuel, $40 for oil. $20 for food ,$20 a day for wifes beer and$250 in fuel to get there plus $200 in bait , ect makes an unproductive and expensive week. ( we do luv it though ):D

shayne
09-08-2009, 06:22 PM
Just got back from Slave last night and had a good weekend. Caught lots of Pike but the Walleye were a little more scarce. My daughter caught a 3.5 lb Walley, that was exciting for her! Still caught our share of Walleye but couldn't keep the Pike off the hook. My wife had to quit on Saturday cuz she couldn't lift her arm up past her waist.

We ran the East end after the storms, good size waves but seemed to stir the fish up a bit. Gave up on the bait and used lures, spoons and plugs, 2 to 3.5 meters off the points.

shayne
09-08-2009, 06:29 PM
Just had to Edit my numbers above... 3.5 lbs not 6.5 Would have been real exciting!

My trip, $50 for beer, $26 per night camping, $180 gas round trip and for the boat, 2 lost spoons and time with my girls, priceless!