PDA

View Full Version : Calling Lake, algea?

fishincrazy
09-08-2009, 12:21 PM
Was any one up to Calling Lake last weekend? Is it still green as grass with algea? Thanks

Morph1
09-08-2009, 03:02 PM
hm strange, but it was very clear last weekend, a bit of algae washed on shore, that's about it, the fishing sucked big time !!! the only good day for fishing was saturday , friday 40 kms/h winds , Sunday raining !!!,
awful weekend, this was the first time ever that I actually would prefer to stay home insted of going fishing .....

Drewski Canuck
09-08-2009, 07:27 PM
Days are getting shorter. Light is less. recent rain is cooling the lake, food outflow flushing the algae. A bit on Friday, but wave action churned it pretty good after that. All in all, bearable. Fishing was OK, as always, just rough with the winds.

Drewski

buckmaster
09-08-2009, 10:25 PM
Was any one up to Calling Lake last weekend? Is it still green as grass with algea? Thanks

One of my friends was out on saturday and said the lake was fine.He did say that the walleye were biting good in 35 to 40ft of water though.His biggest one of the day was a 8.5lb walleye!

fishincrazy
09-09-2009, 10:35 AM
Thanks all for the info. I will be going up on Saturday I will be in the black and silver Lund Tyee stop and say hello if your are up there.