PDA

View Full Version : Float Tube Fish Finder

Bear'sFather
03-08-2022, 01:40 PM
I know what I'm asking might be sacreligous... But does anyone use fish finders on their float tube? If so, what model are you using and how did you mount it?

Just picked up a Caddis Pro, and was thinking of using it to rip around the edges of some of the larger lakes like McGregor. The Garmin Striker 4 looks like a decent compact model.

haggis57
03-09-2022, 01:04 PM
I use an older Humminbird Fishin Buddy 120 on my float tube and on my frameless pontoon. It works great for identifying water depth and bottom structure and I always use one for stillwater fishing. The angle of the bottom scan beam is a little narrow for identifying fish, but the side scan can be useful sometimes. Unfortunately, they are no longer being sold. I use strap-on Humminbird Fishin Buddy mount on both the float tube and the pontoon boat.

The Garmin Striker 4 seems to be the most popular choice of the currently available models. Lots more features than you'll probably need. A Scotty 268 strap-on mount can be used for display and the transducer and the battery can go in one of the float tube side storage bags. Fish Finder Mounts website has some fancier (and more expensive) options for battery mounts.https://www.fishfindermounts.com/float-tube-mounts

Ken

Pierre
03-10-2022, 07:34 AM
I use a Eagle Fisheasy 245ds, works well to help find depth/structure, etc...and strap it onto the tube.

I find it helps me and I feel like I'm fishing blind without it. But my brother who fishes with me often doesn't have one and catches fish (perhaps even more so than I) without it.....