PDA

View Full Version : cranberry 2, clearwater lake

rasbok
03-09-2022, 12:18 PM
Hey all,

heading out to Manitoba next week for some Lake action.( Test out my new Weaver Custom Rod)

Staying at Cariboo lodge and want to fish there 2 days and maybe head to Clearwater for a day.

The owner said he will point us in the right direction for Cranberry but doesn't have any info on Clearwater.

I cant find any mapping on Navionics for Cranberry or Clearwater. Would any one have any information or where I could get depths> I'm not asking for waypoints

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Jody

AlbertanGP
03-09-2022, 07:52 PM
First off, I'm super jealous and good luck on your trip.

All three manufacturers have some mapping done for Clearwater Lake on their social maps. Garmin's is the best. Humminbird's is the worst. None are great, but it something and may give you some ideas where to start. If you're still stuck, call Alannah at Rubi's Outdoors. She has a good general feel for all the lakes in that area and should have up to date feedback from her locals. Be sure to tell her Dean from Grande Prairie sent you, and make sure you stop in at her shop as you pass through Creighton/Flin Flon on your way to the lodge. ;)

MooseRiverTrapper
03-11-2022, 08:30 PM
Norm is a great guy he will give you some good info.

wildalberta
03-13-2022, 03:03 PM
i summer fished clearwater lake in 2020. the lake is like a bowl, and quite large. every day we went to the same place as did everyone on the lake fishing for lakers. i honestly did not enjoy it as the fish were small and nothing special for numbers, but it sounds like we were to late in the year.

rasbok
03-13-2022, 04:39 PM
That's great to know Maybe we will try Athap for a day Sounds like the chances of a 30 lb might come from there.

QUOTE=wildalberta;4499246]i summer fished clearwater lake in 2020. the lake is like a bowl, and quite large. every day we went to the same place as did everyone on the lake fishing for lakers. i honestly did not enjoy it as the fish were small and nothing special for numbers, but it sounds like we were to late in the year.[/QUOTE]