PDA

View Full Version : Fishing Squamish

RiverHawk
03-09-2022, 04:54 PM
Hey y’all. I’m heading to Squamish BC next week for some steelhead action. I’m curious if anyone has drifted it before in a drift boat? Not looking for honey holes or gear info, just wondering if it’s worth taking the boat? Are there any put-ins and take outs? Basically any safe stretches to drag the boat down. Appreciate any and all info. Thanks!

Smoky buck
03-09-2022, 05:21 PM
I assume you are asking about the Squamish river it self

I didn’t fish it often when I lived in the lower mainland because I lived east of Vancouver and had better options without crossing through the city. Personally I fished the lower section by wading or bushwhacking into areas on buddies trapline. Most often targeted bulls and cutties on the fly when I did. I did get steelhead at times fishing egg patterns and black/blue/purple streamers. In coming tide was always best in the lower section

Pay attention to the weather and flow rate it can blow out easily because everything flows into that valley

Not a big fan of the Squamish river and it gets hit hard by Vancouver people. Only reason I bothered to fish it is because my buddy owned a trapline there so he had a cabin

It’s been a long time since I have been there and don’t remember areas to put in/out a drift boat but never looked either.