PDA

View Full Version : Lake of the Woods gold

Gbuss
03-09-2022, 08:50 PM
When I say this trip was a tuff one with condition is an understatement. The first 2 morning were -38 on the lake no wind thank god. But with adversity with consistent weather changes and temp swings makes for a ruff 9 days on the ice. This is the last 6 days of catches on film. It wasn't much. I thought I would show the tuff side to doing this I hope you guys enjoy.

Gbuss
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqVVbFNaR-4

58thecat
03-11-2022, 12:45 AM
Googled that lake, man it is huge, thx for showing reality to fishing as we all know sometimes ya just grind it out.

Thx for sharing.

lmtada
03-11-2022, 07:04 AM
Went to lake of the woods summer of 2019 with Lund17 and his son. Full day drive to Winnipeg, plus couple hours to Kenora then down to Lac of the woods. Beautiful hard rock Canadian Shield. Fishing on Outfitters cabin off one of the many islands. The fishing was okay 👍. Catching Small mouth Bass was fun. The small mouth bass are aggressive little fish. No big muskies (what we intended to catch), few walleye, not very big (1-2lbs). Saw a few big snapper turtles basking in the sun. Many Americans from Wisconsin. Had good visit. Very nice area. Good video. Thank You.

Gbuss
03-11-2022, 07:19 AM
Went to lake of the woods summer of 2019 with Lund17 and his son. Full day drive to Winnipeg, plus couple hours to Kenora then down to Lac of the woods. Beautiful hard rock Canadian Shield. Fishing on Outfitters cabin off one of the many islands. The fishing was okay 👍. Catching Small mouth Bass was fun. The small mouth bass are aggressive little fish. No big muskies (what we intended to catch), few walleye, not very big (1-2lbs). Saw a few big snapper turtles basking in the sun. Many Americans from Wisconsin. Had good visit. Very nice area. Good video. Thank You.

Thank you for watching. Smallies are fun to catch. The muskies are better in the fall on that lake just a fyi. Like late october early november. On that lake you truly need to work for the fish. It really test ones fishong ability.

Gbuss

Gbuss
03-11-2022, 07:20 AM
Googled that lake, man it is huge, thx for showing reality to fishing as we all know sometimes ya just grind it out.

Thx for sharing.

Thanks for watching. It is huge. I truly belive a person. Could spend a life time fishing it and you would not have truly tamed that lake.

Gbuss

Woodmonkey
03-11-2022, 08:13 AM
Your persistence is admirable.

Have heard good things about this part of the country.

Gbuss
03-11-2022, 08:41 AM
Your persistence is admirable.

Have heard good things about this part of the country.

Thank you for watching. It is a great place to fish. literally 30 minute drive with a stop at the bait store or Timmies to grab a breakfast sandwich and you are in some great locations to catch fish.

Gbuss

skain11
03-11-2022, 10:44 AM
Over 30 years ago when my brother lived in Dryden we did a week long houseboat trip on Lake of the Woods with a bunch of buddies. We had to navigate by charts (pre gps) every day or you could easily get lost in the thousands of islands. The only thing I remember about the fishing is having to dig my brother's treble hook out of the palm of my hand. Lake Wabigoon is another large lake by Dryden that has all the same species as L.O.W. That looks like some tough winter days GBUSS but you stayed committed.

mooseknuckle
03-11-2022, 06:54 PM
Fantastic video!! Goes to show, persistence pays off!! Great job

Gbuss
03-11-2022, 08:28 PM
Over 30 years ago when my brother lived in Dryden we did a week long houseboat trip on Lake of the Woods with a bunch of buddies. We had to navigate by charts (pre gps) every day or you could easily get lost in the thousands of islands. The only thing I remember about the fishing is having to dig my brother's treble hook out of the palm of my hand. Lake Wabigoon is another large lake by Dryden that has all the same species as L.O.W. That looks like some tough winter days GBUSS but you stayed committed.

It was really tuff conditions. I had my auger catch and suck it right into the water stalled it out. broken blades you name it. It was tuff but worth every second. I wish I had more time to spend their but I didn't. Thank you for watching.

Gbuss

Gbuss
03-11-2022, 08:29 PM
Fantastic video!! Goes to show, persistence pays off!! Great job

Thanks for watching mooseknuckle. It was a tuff slug but I enjoyed every minute of it.

Gbuss

JD848
03-12-2022, 10:20 PM
Where you turned on the ice road to park that tower is Kenora to the north or clearwater bay tower , you were on the south side of the ice road ,I think .

Yes it's bad out there made one trip and fished a few hours and came home , I went down over 12 mile portage past rope island about 3 miles . Fishing was good, but a storm started and I split .

I might go for a week if things go my way in the next week or so, but that ice road might flood over fast, lotsa snow on that ice .

I live south of Winnipeg now ,but I spent 40 years on that lake.

Nice video also.

Gbuss
03-13-2022, 10:52 AM
Where you turned on the ice road to park that tower is Kenora to the north or clearwater bay tower , you were on the south side of the ice road ,I think .

Yes it's bad out there made one trip and fished a few hours and came home , I went down over 12 mile portage past rope island about 3 miles . Fishing was good, but a storm started and I split .

I might go for a week if things go my way in the next week or so, but that ice road might flood over fast, lotsa snow on that ice .

I live south of Winnipeg now ,but I spent 40 years on that lake.

Nice video also.

I was fishing over by Scotties Island. I drove down to French portage for a day. I really wanted to get to the original wyllies point camp as I know the fishing is great their through the ice but the road was not put in this year.

Gbuss