PDA

View Full Version : Here's a fishing story for you

ximmix2007
09-08-2009, 02:57 PM
My brother and I went fishing for big Bulls at my favorite creek only to hook onto a 4-5 pound Bull. As I was fighting him, 2 other Bulls in the pool started to swim with, around and beside mine, they were as big if not bigger than mine. Called for my brother to come and net my fish and upon lifting the net out of the water I noticed that there was not one but two big Bulls in the net. It seems that one of the fish was right beside mine as my brother netted him, happened so fast my brother had no idea until the net was on the ground. Oh, and his fish was about a 5-6 pound Bull, B#@*&#D.

fluxcore
09-08-2009, 07:40 PM
Any pics, I fish bulls alot and its not unusual for 1 or 2 to follow a hooked fish, Ive even seen them nip at at hooked fish the same size? They can get extreamly worked up:lol:

McDeth
09-09-2009, 10:44 AM
Bull trout generally spawn Mid-Late September / Early October...so this behaviour could very well be pre-spawn. Bull Trout are notorious for "dumbing down" when they are spawning. You could easily walk into a spawning creek and pet Bull trout all day like puppies.

SwampShark
09-09-2009, 05:03 PM
I was walking with my buddy beside a creek outlet from a lake. I saw some activity in the water so I just wandered off right into the creek. My buddy had no idea what I was doing. I splashed my hands into the water and came up with a 3-4lbs sucker. The look on his face was pretty priceless. I looked like a crazy bushman.

Nice work with the bulls.

fishstix
09-10-2009, 08:12 PM
i was fishing bulls on the highwood monday. I saw one hiding under a tangle of branches/roots in a beaverdam. I cast a few times and ended up hooking a root right above the fish. as i pulled my line the root was bumping the bull. It still didnt move. I thought maybe it was stuck, maybe it was dead, maybe it was a log. by this time my line had broken. I tossed a small stone in to see if it was a fish after all. He swam over about two feet. I tied on another streamer and cast again. I was shocked to see him swim over and gulp it down.
26 inch bull! Bammo!

BobLoblaw
09-10-2009, 08:57 PM
...you better turn your brother in, Ximmix2007; I'm reasonably certain it's illegal to use a net to catch bull trout!!!
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D