PDA

View Full Version : Cree Lake

mlee
03-11-2022, 06:18 PM
I'm off to Cree on Sunday for 4 days.....will be doing 3 days of lakers and a day of pike. If anyone has any info they'd be willing to share especially on some good pike areas I'm all ears lol. Not too worried about getting on the char (we will have good info on them) but I'd love to maximize my chances of getting a 50" pike as much as possible with only 1 day to do it. Not afraid to ride an hour from the lodge if we have to.
Going in from Key Lake staying at Broken Arrow.

Bushmaster
03-11-2022, 06:25 PM
We're gonna needs pics!! Good luck!

58thecat
03-12-2022, 08:27 AM
Wow eh.....good luck and post lots of pics...jealous:)

Chewie66
03-12-2022, 08:36 AM
We had a hard time finding them up there last winter but quite honestly we didn't spend much time looking for them with how hot the Laker fishing was. I'm headed up there at the end of the month and going to take a couple days to target some pike with a plan to hit up areas where they'll be setting up for the spring spawn. I would say to bring a camera or two and maybe try areas around the back bays where they'll be moving into for the spring. The winter excursion up there is an incredible adventure and is a bucket list trip for any ice fisherman. Good luck and take lots of pics!

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk

mlee
03-12-2022, 08:59 AM
We had a hard time finding them up there last winter but quite honestly we didn't spend much time looking for them with how hot the Laker fishing was. I'm headed up there at the end of the month and going to take a couple days to target some pike with a plan to hit up areas where they'll be setting up for the spring spawn. I would say to bring a camera or two and maybe try areas around the back bays where they'll be moving into for the spring. The winter excursion up there is an incredible adventure and is a bucket list trip for any ice fisherman. Good luck and take lots of pics!

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk

This is pretty much what I hear from everyone. We may fish the bay where the river comes in just past MacIntyre lake on our way in for a couple hours....I've heard that a good area especially for walleye and the pike supposedly pile up there in the spring.

OL_JR
03-12-2022, 09:32 PM
Sounds like an amazing trip good luck to you!