PDA

View Full Version : How's the fishing @ Lake Newell?

ryisnky
09-08-2009, 06:37 PM
Was thinking of heading to Lake Newell this weekend; just wondering how it has been lateley? Last time I was there was at the end of June & the walleye fishing was great; hoping it is the same!

pikester
09-08-2009, 07:31 PM
It should be pretty good, I was out there on Sunday & I was hitting some decent 'eyes all morning on blades until the the gale force winds blew everyone off the lake after lunch. Gotta love those 4ft swells :mad3:. I hit most of my fish in anywhere from 20 to 30ft on shaker blades & leeches. They were hitting hard too, no fooling around.

Crossbow
09-10-2009, 08:46 AM
I heard that a lot of the eyes have moved from the north part of the lake further down south.

ryisnky
09-12-2009, 11:06 AM
Went to Newell for a late evening fish last nght, very, very slow, but my buddy managed to catch a nice one. Good thing he was there; cause I did not even get a bite............ha-ha
Figure maybe 6.5 -7 lb. never got a chance to weigh; had to get it back in the water.
Thought Newell would be allot better this time of year, but oh well thats how it go's & it was still worth to see a nice one get caught like this.

pikester
09-12-2009, 11:42 AM
Always nice to see fish like that Ryisnky! Just a point of view (not written in sone by any means), I have almost always found Newell walleyes more aggresive early in the morning than evening. That kind of sucks for those of us who have a fair drive to get there though; it means I have to get up @ 5:00am to get on the lake by 8:cry: There are exceptions to the morning thing though like early spring & my favourite time of year; fall. From late September through November I have caught my biggest Newell pike & walleye, usually in the late afternoons.

Walleyes
09-12-2009, 06:50 PM
Was talking to a work associate 3 days ago. Apparently they were anchored out amongst the islands some place. He said they were into a slough of them. They were running jigs tipped with minnows and just sitting there and slowly jigging about 2 inches off bottom. He figured they got into about 15 - 20 fish and this from about 10 in the morning until 2 in the afternoon,,, go figure..

I am still waiting for a few weeks until it starts cooling off then maybe I will get out again and try to fill my tags with a couple nice hogs..

cavindish72
10-02-2009, 10:13 AM
My daughter keeps reminding me that we are supposed to return to newell and fill our over 50 walley tags, anyone out there know what to use and where (south , north by the elec station, how deep....), we have a 2 hour drive so want to make the best of our time once we are there. we are looking at the 10th of oct??

npauls
10-02-2009, 05:10 PM
I am pretty sure me and my fishing partner will be out there tommorow all day in a black sparkly ranger. If you see us trolling or jigging stop by and say if anyone from here is out there.

Nate

strathmorite
10-03-2009, 11:23 AM
going to head out fishing tomorrow. first year with the boat and not sure where to go for some good october pike fishing. either Badger, CVR, or newell. any one know if the pike are shallow or deep? sure would like to hit something over 5 lbs (thats the biggest yet this year)