PDA

View Full Version : Fishing in northern Saskatchewan

Jack fish hunter
03-18-2022, 12:48 PM
Heading to a wedding down at Yorkton this summer. Going to turn it into a two week holiday. So going to pack up the trailer and boat to do some fishing in northern Saskatchewan. Going for jack fish and some streams for grayling would be nice. Don’t need a full service campground. Any suggestions?

58thecat
03-18-2022, 01:29 PM
Heading to a wedding down at Yorkton this summer. Going to turn it into a two week holiday. So going to pack up the trailer and boat to do some fishing in northern Saskatchewan. Going for jack fish and some streams for grayling would be nice. Don’t need a full service campground. Any suggestions?

Bernard would be a good stop for walleye and pike.
Big pike and mostly average walleye just be careful the lake has lots of rock hazards but worth it!
Got a very nice camp ground too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JareS
03-18-2022, 01:48 PM
You'll be hard pressed to catch any Grayling unless you are in the extreme north like Fond Du Lac or Southend. Lots of Pike, Walleye, Lakers and stoked trout as soon as you're north of the NSR

Greatwest
03-18-2022, 07:51 PM
Buddy of mine owns Besnard Lake Lodge he’s owned it for a couple years now. Awesome fishing there.

Freedom55
03-19-2022, 06:09 AM
Madge Lake at Duck Mtn. P.P. has giant pike and walleye. In the same region is Little Jackfish- walleye- and Batke lake which is loaded with perch. No gas motors on Batke. Kind of like being in the mountains.

Free

stein
03-19-2022, 09:54 AM
Madge Lake at Duck Mtn. P.P. has giant pike and walleye. In the same region is Little Jackfish- walleye- and Batke lake which is loaded with perch. No gas motors on Batke. Kind of like being in the mountains.

Free

curiosity had me take a look at madge on google earth, never heard of it before, looks like heaven, nice share! big lake, lots of islands and huge bays

HL_transplant
03-19-2022, 09:41 PM
What month are you going?

lmtada
03-20-2022, 01:45 PM
Fishing lake. Just north of town of Foam lake ask. Approx 15km North off of #16. Approx 1 hr west Yorkton. Walleye, pike lake.

Freedom55
03-21-2022, 08:48 AM

Free

Looking at my notes I see I've made a mistake in reporting. The reality is that there are walleye in Batka which, at my last visit, had a usable launch ramp. A little pond locally called Little Jackfish had the perch and motor prohibition but there was a pier of sorts that allowed some shore fishing but was the only place to walk. While we didn't catch any pike but we did see a 50" (?) in a boat at the park warden's office that came from Madge.

This place is north of Yorkton and while not officially 'the north' it is on the way.