spring fishing is so much fun:fishing:

get out there 9 days left out here:test:

shared with some seniors

enjoy

David

AlbertanGP
03-22-2022, 11:29 AM
Nice fish David. :happy0034:

I'm seriously trying to figure out how to take all of March off next year.

58thecat
03-22-2022, 01:59 PM
Well done!

March madness I call it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Frank_NK28
03-22-2022, 03:05 PM
Nice!

stein
03-22-2022, 05:10 PM
those are some healthy whites! I've been enjoying them in soup all winter, good way to utilize the entire fish.

Hungarian Fish Soup (“Halászlé”)

500 g fish head / carcasses
500 g white fish boneless filet
2 onions
1 bell pepper
2 tomatoes big, or 3 medium sized
1 carrot big
100 g celery
1 tbsp paprika powder Hungarian
100 ml white wine dry, optional
2 cups vegetable broth
salt

INSTRUCTIONS
Clean and salt the fish head/carcass, skin and quarter the tomatoes, cut the peppers and onions into rings. Peel celery and carrot and cut into pieces, add into the instapot and cover with vegetable broth. Cook on high 45 min, 15 min release. Then drain the broth through a sieve. Discard the remains.

Add the white wine to the broth and bring to a simmer (saute instapot). Then season with salt and paprika. The soup should have a nice red colour.
Cube the boneless whitefish filet and place into the simmering fish broth until cooked (5 mins)

If you like it spicy, you can make this soup even more fiery with cherry peppers or hot peppers. Also optional we add coconut milk and pineapple chunks, sweet and spicy.

Speckle55
03-26-2022, 08:21 PM
cool :sSig_cool2:

i save my carcasses for fish head soup too:test:

i give them too the local Pilipino:character0053:

thanks for sharing

David :)

those are some healthy whites! I've been enjoying them in soup all winter, good way to utilize the entire fish.

Hungarian Fish Soup (“Halászlé”)

500 g fish head / carcasses
500 g white fish boneless filet
2 onions
1 bell pepper
2 tomatoes big, or 3 medium sized
1 carrot big
100 g celery
1 tbsp paprika powder Hungarian
100 ml white wine dry, optional
2 cups vegetable broth
salt

INSTRUCTIONS
Clean and salt the fish head/carcass, skin and quarter the tomatoes, cut the peppers and onions into rings. Peel celery and carrot and cut into pieces, add into the instapot and cover with vegetable broth. Cook on high 45 min, 15 min release. Then drain the broth through a sieve. Discard the remains.

Add the white wine to the broth and bring to a simmer (saute instapot). Then season with salt and paprika. The soup should have a nice red colour.
Cube the boneless whitefish filet and place into the simmering fish broth until cooked (5 mins)

If you like it spicy, you can make this soup even more fiery with cherry peppers or hot peppers. Also optional we add coconut milk and pineapple chunks, sweet and spicy.

Bearski
04-05-2022, 10:02 AM
Those are some nice slabby whites