PDA

View Full Version : Any experience with Burris Warranty & Shipping Method to Greely Co.?

FV Minnow
04-01-2022, 10:40 PM
Find it necessary to return a scope to Burris for warranty. I would appreciate hearing your experiences and method of shipping. Leary of Canada Post and their parcel storage rates. Thanks in advance.

New to posting on the forum however have been following AO for for a few years now. Enjoy the Cold Lake updates and the Gopher Count, not so much the dreaded covid thread but there is a wealth of talent and information and of course the memes.

fps plus
04-02-2022, 04:53 AM
I sent a scope back , and older fullfield 3x9. I sent it via mail to Greeley . It couldn’t be repaired but it was replaced by the Canadian distributor with a new 3x9 . Unfortunately I don’t think the new scope is as good as the old one was . You may want to contact Burris about the procedure as this was about 5 years ago

DLab
04-02-2022, 06:00 AM
Stoeger is the Canadian distributor for Burris, likely have to go through them for warranty.

marky_mark
04-02-2022, 09:20 AM
I sent a scope back , and older fullfield 3x9. I sent it via mail to Greeley . It couldn’t be repaired but it was replaced by the Canadian distributor with a new 3x9 . Unfortunately I don’t think the new scope is as good as the old one was . You may want to contact Burris about the procedure as this was about 5 years ago

Same thing happened to me
They replaced it with inferior product
I’ll never buy Burris/Steiner again

MountainTi
04-02-2022, 09:27 AM
I'd once busted a crosshair on a Burris. Threw it in a box and mailed it down to Colorado I believe. Came back just like new. That was 25ish years ago so guessing not much help now by the sounds of a couple of the above posts. Too bad, they were a good scope in those days

DirtShooter
04-02-2022, 09:28 AM
I bought a FastFire3 from a guy off of CGN and he didn't disclose that the lens was cracked and so rather than deal with him I emailed Burris and they took it and fixed it/replaced it and I got a like new/new RDS for a good price in the end.

32-40win
04-02-2022, 09:57 PM
Was a time when Trace scope repair did Burris warr. May be worth a call. Thay could have taken it from him by now too, but thinking that was less than 10 yrs ago.

DLab
04-03-2022, 08:14 AM
You can mail it to the USA directly, not sure if Burris can mail it directly back to you, retailers can't ship scopes up here due to ITAR regulations, as far as I know. That's why I mentioned dealing with Stoeger Canada, having said that I strongly suggest dealing with Burris directly on the initial contact to discuss warranty, Stoeger HAS NOT impressed me in the least with my last couple dealings with them.
I have actually sent emails to Burris head office concerning these matters and suggested that I would have to seriously take that into consideration when thinking about purchasing any of their products.
Other people may have had a better experience dealing with Stoeger Canada, but IMO they are well below sub par in the Customer service area.
On the other hand, Burris USA customer service is excellent.

FV Minnow
04-04-2022, 10:15 AM
I appreciate all of your comments and have followed through with Burris USA. Must say that there process for starting a warranty claim via their website is fast and efficient. Had a response with work order number and mailing label within an hour of sending. The web page cautioned due to health restrictions and workload that a response could take up to twenty four hours, impressed with one hour, so far so good. Sent the scope to Burris in Greely today and I will post back with the results. Thanks for your time.

FV Minnow
07-22-2022, 10:30 AM
Received a replacement scope from Burris on July 19th. It has been a bit of a long haul as the first mailing label supplied was addressed to Greely was issued in error. Scope was returned to me as "undeliverable" so had to mail it off again to Stoeger. (ships thru Stoeger both ways) Their techs advised scope was non repairable as the problem is described in other forums as "reticle wobble". Burris supplied a substantial upgraded replacement which I thought was more than fair. Once on the right track, the warranty claim went as I had hoped it would. I am somewhat skeptical of life time warranty claims in general, as they usually full of escape clauses. Burris met and exceeded my expectations and in my experience is a stand up company that really does back up their product. I am not a shill for Burris - as I am quick to call out a company with lousy products or service - but also acknowledge excellent service.

tranq78
07-24-2022, 07:26 PM
I sent in a Burris scope for warranty in January 2022, got it back around May. Total just under 4 months. Shipped the scope to Stoeger Canada in Ontario, who then shipped it to the U.S.A.

Time was bad at all considering we were just coming out of pandemic lockdown. No complaints at all about the service.

Beached Whale
07-27-2022, 10:45 PM
I have sent both of my burris scopes in for warranty, both 3x9x40 fullfield E1. The first one had eyepiece lense come loose, i sent it in and they repaired it in about 8 weeks and it cost me nothing other than shipping.

The other unit suffered a direct hit to a cliff when i took a tumble chasing sheep and broke the internal mechanism that controls the crosshairs, it just floated around. I told them straight up that I broke it and would pay them to repair it but they ended up deeming it non repairable and sent me a brand new replacement at no cost to me other than shipping. It took 4 months this round during covid but i didn't expect anything else.

So while my thoughts on Burris quality have maybe changed after breaking two of the same scope in 3 years I will say that my experience dealing with warranty has been more than fair.

Knotter
07-27-2022, 11:16 PM
I had great results. Open a warranty claim and they send you the instructions. the first destination is to Ontario then on to the USA. Had my stuff back in time for the season.