PDA

View Full Version : Spencer lake

Citytaz
04-08-2022, 04:43 PM
Good day everyone
I know it’s a bit early for putting the boat in the water however I’m looking to see what Spencer lake is like. There is no road access so is there a quad trail a guy can take to get there when the season opens and perhaps use an inflated boat?

nimrod
04-08-2022, 06:16 PM
I was at Siebert lake 3 weekends ago, we did see a quad tail around Siebert lake but the road into Spencer might be better with a tracked unit, as lots of guys at seibert were heading to spencer every day with tracked side by side

Pike fisher
04-18-2022, 07:47 PM
The only way in during the summer is to go around the east shore of Siebert until you get to the north-east corner where the corner of the bombing range is. From there you go north up the bombing range line about 4 km. Beware....there is a low swampy spot about half way up the shoreline of Siebert that is nasty when it is wet and the bombing range line can be equally nasty. If you have multiple machines and extra tow cables/winches, bring them. Plan on the trip taking about twice as long as you think it will take.

Once the bombing range line hits the lake, the trail follows the shoreline up to the north west bay. Nice spot to camp. If you get there, the summer time fishing on Spencer is usually pretty good:)
Good luck.

nast70
04-21-2022, 02:24 PM
Best way in during winter is the trail across Touchwood.
My dad and BIL went in from the north, Heart Lake trail. They did it with 2 old hondas, some winching.
Check the attached map. Trails are clearly marked.

nast70
04-21-2022, 02:27 PM
Map didn't attach. too large i guess?
Its from Alberta Parks.