PDA

View Full Version : NSR September Long

lew88_88
09-09-2009, 10:45 PM
Fished the River this weekend from Devon to the Quenelle Bridge. Caught a very nice Pike around 14 or 15 pounds. It was kind of funny as there was a boat anchored in a little "bay" and when he seen i had a fish he asked me if there was a hook in its mouth, my reply without thinking, how do you think i brought it to the canoe, hehehe. So in total I caught 5 pike and my fishin buddy caught 6 walleye. Tried my hand at a Stergeon with no luck, except a little pike who took my smelt off the bottom, all in all a good trip.

Geezle
09-09-2009, 10:49 PM
Fished the River this weekend from Devon to the Quenelle Bridge. Caught a very nice Pike around 14 or 15 pounds. It was kind of funny as there was a boat anchored in a little "bay" and when he seen i had a fish he asked me if there was a hook in its mouth, my reply without thinking, how do you think i brought it to the canoe, hehehe. So in total I caught 5 pike and my fishin buddy caught 6 walleye. Tried my hand at a Stergeon with no luck, except a little pike who took my smelt off the bottom, all in all a good trip.
Nice, glad to hear you had a good time :)

How long did it take you to make the trip? Did you just go with the current all the way, or did you do some paddling?

lew88_88
09-09-2009, 10:58 PM
The first day we just drifted and ended up camping on an island , it was about an hour with the current from the henday than day two we paddled alot as the couple we were with had to work on monday, it was great and relaxing.

Geezle
09-09-2009, 11:28 PM
Cool, for a while now I've been curious how long it'd take to make it from Devon to Edmonton...it's a trip I'd like to give a shot one of these days :)

chrispee
09-10-2009, 11:01 AM
There are some companies that will drive you out to devon and let you canoe back when yuo rent one of there canoes..it's like 50 bucks a person.

lakerman
09-10-2009, 03:51 PM
depends on the current but 6 hrs is about the average, also if your stopping on one of the islands it better be big, I know of a couple who woke up with the tent filling from water from the rising levels, not my cup of tea.