PDA

View Full Version : Help need leeches for vanity cup

mooseman128
09-10-2009, 11:03 AM
Can any one tell me where I might get leeches for the Vanity cup, the people we normally use are very short of leeches and I am getting a little nervous with only 3 weeks till the tournement!!!

nicemustang
09-10-2009, 11:27 AM
Yikes....you should be nervous. It's not leech season anymore...you shoulda secured some weeks ago when they were availabe...good luck!

mooseman128
09-10-2009, 12:48 PM
We thought we had secured them a month ago, then this week when we check to make sure all is ok..... we start getting the run around!!!! Last 6 or 7 years that we have fished it we have had no issues, they have them waiting for us when we get there Tuesday..... It gets kind of sticky going into sask with leeches, the rules are you have to have sask leeches and they can not have been transported out of province and back in..... Obvoiusly not everybodt follows that rule and if they ever crack down.......

I checked on the sask website and found a few more leads and hopefully they will pan out!!!

npauls
09-10-2009, 05:42 PM
If you can get into lethbridge you should check out greens pop shop or mohawk. Mohawk in taber also had leeches from what I heard. Maybe give those guys all a call and find out and see if they can save them for you if you can make it down to grab them.

Nate

tchow
09-10-2009, 07:07 PM
Just got back from Sask last Sunday. Stopped into the Fishing Hole in Stoon on the Wed and picked up a bunch of medium Leeches. They had a bunch of Tubs with 36 per.
If you are passing by Stoon on the way to the Vanity, good possibility there will be some still. You can call Fishing Hole in Calgary and ask them to call the Stoon store to find out for sure if there any left.
Good luck at Vanity

bsnyder
09-11-2009, 08:18 AM
:wave:got mine a month and a bit ago, probably lost a 3rd of them so far , crap:tongue2:hope we have enough for the Vanity too:(

Faststeel
09-11-2009, 08:45 AM
I fished a lot in manitoba this summer and all we ever used was the Gulp leetch, caught a large number of walleye on the artificial. FS

Big fish
09-11-2009, 09:55 AM
hello? this is a
1000 dollar enrty fee?
how many people are allowed?

nicemustang
09-11-2009, 10:38 AM
All about it is here: http://www.vanitycup.ca/

It's a long wait to get entered in this tournament. And a tough one to win as well.

bsnyder
09-11-2009, 05:16 PM
hello? this is a
1000 dollar enrty fee?
how many people are allowed?

:wave:Usually sold out years in advance, I think you can send a deposit and if there is a cancelation , you might have a chance to get in ?Its granfathered so most dont give up there spot.Cant have my spot ( hehe):wave:

warriorboy10
09-12-2009, 04:29 PM
Not giving up my spot either.

walleyeca
09-15-2009, 08:00 AM
:wave:got mine a month and a bit ago, probably lost a 3rd of them so far , crap:tongue2:hope we have enough for the Vanity too:(

Hey Bob I thought you only fish for perch? Whats goin on?lol hows SASK life?

baitfisher83
09-15-2009, 08:31 AM
i found some on sunday at a husky in calgary, anyone need some from here?

beermilk
09-15-2009, 08:39 AM
there was lots up in the fort mac canadian tire

bsnyder
09-15-2009, 08:45 AM
Hey Bob I thought you only fish for perch? Whats goin on?lol hows SASK life?

:wave:havnt fished for perch in a long time , IMALUVINMYWALLEYES:DSASK is great, you should see the fishing here, it is heaven :) and property is still affordable. Luv It:)

mooseman128
09-15-2009, 04:10 PM
We managed to get some, going to assume they are not JUMBOs by any means but they will do I am sure......

Good luck to all those who are fishing at Vanity... just look out for that red ranger!!

-JR-
09-15-2009, 10:17 PM
If you get into Edmonton go to Walleye Master ,he suplies to all the stores.
Great guy- Rolland . Except he does not sell to the public unless you buy the extra large leaches ,which he can sell to you because fishing stores do not buy the extra extra large leaches. Only the pro's buy them . Very $$$$.
So if you want to win and play with the big boys go and see him.