PDA

View Full Version : Hello from a new Albertan

Travz
09-10-2009, 01:21 PM
Hi all, I'm new here and to Alberta fishing :wave: I moved from BC recently where I'm used to fishing trout and salmon. I'm looking for somewhere where I can fish from shore within a couple hours of Fort Saskatchewan. I've seen Pigeon Lake mentioned in other threads but it sounds like a boat might be needed? I also have a belly boat but my fishing partner would be standing on shore. I do like to eat my catch but I enjoy C & R as well.

I'm also interested in fishing the North Saskatchewan River or Athabasca River, but looking for some direction on where to go, maybe tips on what gear to try?

I'm hoping to make it out this weekend. Any advice is appreciated! :)

Albertadiver
09-10-2009, 01:27 PM
You need to meet BigBadJohn. He lives in the same town as you. He's da man when it comes to fishing, and not half a bad guy either.

Welcome to the forum!

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES
09-10-2009, 04:46 PM
Travs are you in Ft SASK , if your around the Edmonton area give me a private message maybe we can set something up . I leave for Hunting Tuesday and will be gone for 10 days maybe earlyer.

flygirrl
09-10-2009, 05:28 PM
Travs are you in Ft SASK , if your around the Edmonton area give me a private message maybe we can set something up . I leave for Hunting Tuesday and will be gone for 10 days maybe earlyer.

:wave:BBJ your going hunting, dont forget to take the thong in case you need some slings and things like that. LOL, never know we may meet again up aroungd Elk river road. :lol:

WayneChristie
09-10-2009, 07:31 PM
:wave:BBJ your going hunting, dont forget to take the thong in case you need some slings and things like that. LOL, never know we may meet again up aroungd Elk river road. :lol:

wont be hard to find him, just shine your flashlight and watch for the reflection off the sequins!!

stuartmcgrandle
09-10-2009, 10:45 PM
dolberg, dolberg dolberg or east pit

Wulfespirit
09-10-2009, 10:50 PM
From Ft. Sask you're only a hop, skip and jump away from Lamont Pond. It's a stocked rainbow trout fishery that overwinters fairly well (ie. there are some big ones in there) and can be fished from shore. Other than that, pick up the Alberta Fishing Guide from a fishing hole in e-town and head up the highway to the Smoky Lake area - plenty of waters there to keep you busy and all relatively close to home.

Geezle
09-10-2009, 11:05 PM
Looks like I'm going to be hitting the NSR fairly close to you with another board member (Skyhoof) Saturday afternoon and into the evening. You're more than welcome to join us :wave:

Travz
09-17-2009, 12:27 PM
Thanks for the advice and the invitations guys, good to know there are some guys nearby that know the area. I made it out last Sunday and tried the NSR around the Vinka bridge in a few spots, then the Morinville Reservoir. Nothing worth keeping but my little brother caught a couple small ones, the weather was nice and we had fun so it was a good day. This weekend I will probably try Lamont Pond or Dolberg Lk as mentioned here. I'll post a report if I make it out :D

jared.nielsen
04-28-2010, 01:42 PM
Hey guys!

I am getting my little guy a fishing rod in the very near future and was wondering if someone could give out directions to the Lamont Pond? I live in Ft Sask as well, and can't wait to get out there and get my little guy fishing.

Much appreciated.