PDA

View Full Version : Federal court overturns order to shut down salmon farms

IronNoggin
04-26-2022, 02:49 PM
Former federal Fisheries and Oceans Minister Bernadette Jordan breached the rights of B.C. salmon farmers to procedural fairness when she ordered all salmon farms out of the Discovery Islands, a Federal Court judge has ruled.

https://www.timescolonist.com/local-news/federal-court-overturns-order-to-shut-down-salmon-farms-5299534

In light of all the information coming forward regarding intentional government cover-ups of the negative impacts of these farms, I consider this a serious setback.

And yet another nail in the coffin for our own salmon stocks...

Sad Day

Nog

does it ALL outdoors
04-26-2022, 07:59 PM
[I]In light of all the information coming forward regarding intentional government cover-ups of the negative impacts of these farms, I consider this a serious setback.

And yet another nail in the coffin for our own salmon stocks...

Sad Day

Nog

Agree, those Salmon pens are NASTY.

If anyone hasn't seen Salmon Confidential yet it's WELL worth the watch, it shows just how disgusting those pens are, and so is the Salmon that comes out of them. They reek havoc on the waters they are in. When I see farmed salmon in the stores with all those white cancerous fatty lines in them I gag. And seeing how many people buy that nasty stuff likely have no idea what they are eating.

I cant post pics for some reason but just google Farmed Salmon VS Wild Caught and click on images and look at the difference :sick::sick:

Here's the Documentary. It's about an hour long but something everyone should watch, especially if you buy that nasty farmed stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTCQ2IA_Zss

roper1
04-26-2022, 09:05 PM
Neighbor raised some trout in a very well supplied & aerated pond. 7-8 acres & 20 feet deep. Wouldn't want to eat those trout either.

IronNoggin
04-27-2022, 11:35 AM
Neighbor raised some trout in a very well supplied & aerated pond. 7-8 acres & 20 feet deep. Wouldn't want to eat those trout either.

Apples & Oranges comparison IMO.

I've caught lots of trout from sites like you note, and they were fine tablefare.
On the other side of the coin, having studied what goes in to farmed salmon, and what they are treated with, I would never even consider chowing down on them whatsoever.

Nog

Bushrat
04-27-2022, 06:59 PM
Sad part is I didn't expect any other outcome when it comes to Federal Fisheries. When wild salmon and steelhead disappear they will act bewildered

roper1
04-27-2022, 07:51 PM
Apples & Oranges comparison IMO.

I've caught lots of trout from sites like you note, and they were fine tablefare.
On the other side of the coin, having studied what goes in to farmed salmon, and what they are treated with, I would never even consider chowing down on them whatsoever.

Nog

I should have explained it more clearly. It was a 50' by 50' totally enclosed net inside the reservoir. Fish were netted out, not fished out. Netting covered in fish food that had already been through the fish.......

IronNoggin
04-28-2022, 11:53 AM
I should have explained it more clearly. It was a 50' by 50' totally enclosed net inside the reservoir. Fish were netted out, not fished out. Netting covered in fish food that had already been through the fish.......

UGH!! Now I see where you are coming from.

PASS!

The Fisherman Guy
04-28-2022, 12:08 PM
It blows my mind that with all of the momentum behind green/sustainable/responsible/environmental practice that environmentalists aren't gushing over the damage that salmon farms create.

Oh right. There's not a massive economic gain from keeping salmon farms out of pacific tidewater to fund massive public protest and media coverage.