PDA

View Full Version : Glennifer Lake

JBALL
09-10-2009, 06:25 PM
Just had a buddy lease a spot at Glennifer lake. This lake is fairly new and water levels are an issue. Has anyone been out there and had any luck? Wouldn't mind visiting and finding a few.

Chris84
09-11-2009, 09:58 AM
I fished from shore there once. Not only did I have no luck, I have no desire to return. I was in what I thought would be a good remote area for fishing but had a couple ski boats go back and forth right by my line.

Big fish
09-11-2009, 10:03 AM
never heard of this lake where about is it located roughly?

DarkAisling
09-11-2009, 10:32 AM
never heard of this lake where about is it located roughly?

West of Innisfail.

Chris84
09-11-2009, 12:05 PM
Some people also refer to it as Dickson Dam

nevercatchmuch
09-12-2009, 09:43 AM
Shore fishing is really good there is you know what you're doing (which I don't just yet). I've seen people pulling out lots of fish with spoons from the shoreside by dickson trout pond. Also heard a few stories about fishing from the docks at the private glennifer resort. good luck.
oh, and do a forum search as there are a couple of threads about this topic, including the oil spill.

JBALL
09-13-2009, 08:08 AM
Shore fishing is really good there is you know what you're doing (which I don't just yet). I've seen people pulling out lots of fish with spoons from the shoreside by dickson trout pond. Also heard a few stories about fishing from the docks at the private glennifer resort. good luck.
oh, and do a forum search as there are a couple of threads about this topic, including the oil spill.

Thanks alot new to the site appreciate the help.

Battery
09-13-2009, 10:00 AM
we have a lot at carefree resort on glennifer lake, last month there was pics in our newsletter of a guy who caught a huge brown, i've seen lots of guys trolling for fish and catching them. Haven't caught alot myself, although have managed to pull out a few pike. The water level isn't really an issue...seeing as the water level is always controlled, the deepest part in this lake is about 120 feet deep (where boats can go, i have no idea how deep it is in the spot near the dam where the boats cant go). Theres guaranteed to be some huge fish in there. Since the lake is the red deer river you'll find every fish thats in the river in the lake.

nevercatchmuch
09-13-2009, 10:21 AM
let us know how your luck is!

wake
09-13-2009, 01:05 PM
Fished it a few times from shore and had one evening in july were we were catching walleye's from the shore on every almost every cast, we also caught a few small pike.

Fish the Red Deer river below the nearby Dickson dam and you can catch big Browns, Mountain whitefish etc.Often visually fishing when the waters are clear.