PDA

View Full Version : PCR Yesterday

gprime27
09-10-2009, 09:19 PM
Insane.. First time there and it was indeed insane. Found a small hole and 4 of us caught about 25 fish each. I had to snap a picture of my double header with no bait :D I was trying to untangle my line and boom two fish at the same time.. Anyways, I'm going to do that again. Yes I do agree it's a kindergarden lake but, it's good for all the amatures I had with me. It hooked a few people on fishing

Duramaximos
09-10-2009, 09:39 PM
This is perfect!
I picked up two little 5'6" ugly sticks for my twin boys tonight from WSS.
Can't wait to take them out to PCR this weekend.

We were there for the first time last Monday but couldn't get the boat in the water and nearly got blown off the dock is was so darn windy.

Fingers crossed for a calm day this time around...

WayneChristie
09-10-2009, 10:17 PM
This is perfect!
I picked up two little 5'6" ugly sticks for my twin boys tonight from WSS.
Can't wait to take them out to PCR this weekend.

We were there for the first time last Monday but couldn't get the boat in the water and nearly got blown off the dock is was so darn windy.

Fingers crossed for a calm day this time around...

I use a 3 foot 8 ugly stik junior for pike, never had a prob landing them yet on it, yours should be great for walleyes. I used my microlight at PCR for the walleye, anyone who says walleye dont fight has never used one of these rods !!!!! I also used it for pike last weekend, got 7 of them on 4 pound line and oh yah they fight :D PCR is crack to fishermen, if you cant have fun and get hooked there then its a lost cause!!!!! best place in Alberta to take new fishermen, they should leave it just the way it is. even Aisling can catch fish there!!!!!

gprime27
09-10-2009, 10:21 PM
I agree. it's a fun lake.. and those newbies can catch them in the droves.. just gotta find them and let the fun begin.. I use a lightweight rod and it has a super sensitive tip.. I felt everyn last bite

Big fish
09-11-2009, 10:12 AM
this pcr lake is candr?
how far from calgary?
and you guys caught all those fish from shore?

DarkAisling
09-11-2009, 10:29 AM
Insane.. First time there and it was indeed insane. Found a small hole and 4 of us caught about 25 fish each.

Where did you find the hole? If you're willing to share the info. I can see from the picture that you weren't fishing on the dock.

My son is one course short of his life guard certification. I was pretty sure he was going to have to go in after someone! Thankfully he didn't have to.

The couple of times I've been there the water has been really choppy (once due to the volume of boats and jet skiis, and once do to the wind).

The wind at Chain was even worse: so bad we couldn't cast.

even Aisling can catch fish there!!!!!

Yes I can :) My poor skills are becoming legend. :lol: Not only can I catch fish there . . . I haven't lost any gear there either.

I can't imagine using an ultralight set-up there. I use my 7' MH setup there with 12 lb line, just in case I hook a pike. I've had a few walleye that were serious fighters . . . made very short work of them with the MH though. 7' is too long for fishing off the dock there, but that's what I've got, so that's what I use.

RedHeadedFisherman
09-11-2009, 11:30 AM
this pcr lake is candr?
how far from calgary?
and you guys caught all those fish from shore?
from shore, from dock ( best) from the air lol:D:D

as i will not post directions anymore,, do a searh for PCR you wil find amazing info for a few keystrokes:evilgrin: L))

gprime27
09-11-2009, 07:09 PM
I'm going out there sunday

WayneChristie
09-11-2009, 07:53 PM
Hey Red head, hows the boat traffic on the weekends now? getting any less yet?

RedHeadedFisherman
09-11-2009, 10:28 PM
Hey Red head, hows the boat traffic on the weekends now? getting any less yet?

was out today some wind, died down 'bout 5ish.. * 3 * boats.. none racing around like fools in frount of the dock :evilgrin::evilgrin:

Sept 15 and boat licences come out, $250.00 fine.. lets hop Fish n boat cops are out lol:D:D:D

fisg were all under the dock,, droped smelt/1/8 oz jig right off edge.. 98 fish later i went home.. had a good steak L)

WayneChristie
09-11-2009, 11:17 PM
you the man, I hope to come out maybe next weekend and let you teach me how to catch walleyes ;) maybe bring a couple steaks and the bbq