PDA

View Full Version : delete

-JR-
05-02-2022, 07:29 AM
Cabalas has there Scotty Electric Down riggers on sale for $450.

Frank_NK28
05-02-2022, 07:05 PM
1099 Depthpower unit, fixed 24" boom...kind of a short unit for a bigger boat. Nice to get the wires away from the sides and get some spread on the balls down deep for tight turns with multiple units. That would be a good unit on a small tinner...I run the 1116 Pro Pack's on my boat.

-JR-
05-03-2022, 08:50 AM
1099 Depthpower unit, fixed 24" boom...kind of a short unit for a bigger boat. Nice to get the wires away from the sides and get some spread on the balls down deep for tight turns with multiple units. That would be a good unit on a small tinner...I run the 1116 Pro Pack's on my boat.

I got two of them on my 19 ft boat for the last 5 years and they work great, never had a problem.
I also see many boats on the lake that have the scotties that can extent farther out ,and they have them pushed in ,so really not needed . plus short units make it easy to reach over and grab the clip . And they both use the same motor .

The only reason I can see for buying one that is longer than 24 " because you can't mount it on the gunnel and have to mount inside the boat more .

Duramaximos
05-03-2022, 06:02 PM
Been running 30" scotty's for years. If you are running a kicker I wouldn't go any shorter.

Sent from my SM-G990W using Tapatalk