PDA

View Full Version : Why kill the fish?

ak-71
09-11-2009, 04:59 PM
Hi
I am new to Canada and have a question about the reasoning behind killing the fish you intend to keep.
Why can't I try to keep it alive (fresh) till I get home? Any reasons behind this, or it is some PETA type of a regulation?
The rule is the rule, but why? :confused:
AK

Fishfinder
09-11-2009, 05:05 PM
One reason would be to ensure fish aren't being caught in one body of water, then tranpsorted and released into another body of water where that species would not be welcome as they could/would disrupt the allready existing species of fish in there. That was a long sentence:lol: Welcome to Canada and to the forum:wave:

rustynailz
09-11-2009, 06:33 PM
Why would you want to? The more stressed a fish is the worse for eating.

For best quality meat, kill, bleed, and gut the fish as soon as possible after catching it. Rinse it well and keep it on ice.

slickinfinite
09-11-2009, 06:50 PM
I agree with Rusty 100%, if I am fishing for food I almost always have a fillet set there and get em filleted as soon as possible.

Big fish
09-11-2009, 06:52 PM
another reason for this
is so a guy doesnt caught one then keep it alive till he caughts a bigger one but just keeps that one incase it is the biggest?

fluxcore
09-11-2009, 09:35 PM
another reason for this
is so a guy doesnt caught one then keep it alive till he caughts a bigger one but just keeps that one incase it is the biggest?

This is called culling fish