PDA

View Full Version : For anyone who has been on the North Saskatchewan River.

fishaholic45
09-11-2009, 05:48 PM
Has anyone been fishing on the north saskatchewan river in a propeller boat, if so is it safe? And what are some good fishing spots for walleye or pike and what will they bite on?

Thanx,

Fishaholic

flygirrl
09-11-2009, 05:52 PM
Has anyone been fishing on the north saskatchewan river in a propeller boat, if so is it safe? And what are some good fishing spots for walleye or pike and what will they bite on?

Thanx,

Fishaholic
:wave:Have been up around Tomahawk in a jet boat. The guide I was with laughs:lol: at all the people he has pulled off of the river with a propeller boat. Yes there are some deep holes but from what Ive seen, around Rocky and up towards Edmonton it is to shallow for anything but a Jet boat.

Geezle
09-11-2009, 06:55 PM
I was out fishing around Devon last Saturday and saw a couple guys in a prop boat trying to fish their way down the river.

Saw them have to lift their motor and paddle at least 3 or 4 times as they drifted by. Heck, canoes were almost bottoming out in a couple spots.

surhuntsalot
09-12-2009, 09:50 PM
I run from Smokey Lake to the Sask. Border in my jetboat. Alot of runs make me nervous in the Jet this year, and have taken a few hits this summer. Lowest water I've seen in years. Would not recomend trying it in a prop boat...

-JR-
09-13-2009, 07:50 AM
Co-worker of mine runs a 9.9 merc all year on the nsr ,but uses a prop guard.

pdfish
09-14-2009, 09:06 AM
I run from Smokey Lake to the Sask. Border in my jetboat. Alot of runs make me nervous in the Jet this year, and have taken a few hits this summer. Lowest water I've seen in years. Would not recomend trying it in a prop boat...

Amen to that, its not much different west of the city. If you don't know the lines or aren't paying attention, you'll be beached in no time, or worse.

buckmaster
09-14-2009, 09:19 AM
Amen to that, its not much different west of the city. If you don't know the lines or aren't paying attention, you'll be beached in no time, or worse.

Sturgeonhound is a pro at going over big boulders!:lol:

PoorTurtle
09-14-2009, 10:45 AM
I was out on the NSR last night in a 12ft with a 9.9. launched at the fort and went up stream 5km or so. there is a couple spots that are quit shallow. we were fishing for sturgeon but never seen one. ended up with 7 goldeyes, 1 walleye, and a long nose sucker.

pdfish
09-14-2009, 03:02 PM
Sturgeonhound is a pro at going over big boulders!:lol:

I'm sure there's a story there that I will have to ask him the next time we chat.