PDA

View Full Version : Guided Tours

Beazer
09-11-2009, 07:47 PM
Anyone have any input as to great places to find a guide for pike fishing.
I was debating trying fly-in camps but either will do. Basically I'm thinking I would be going by myself as most of my friends are huge noobs and skunkers when it comes to fishing. Even my pops has a terrible time with spinning setups.

Looking for something to really blow my socks off. I like crankbaits but will use whatever the guide likes.

They don't even have to be that big. Not out for lakers. Pike, only big walleye, trout(i have limited experience) and anything lse that might catch my eye. Just need to have a great time.

Any ideas or suggestions would be great guys.
Even to spend a couple days at an actual lake would probably satisfy me, lol.

Just hope the guide can handle a 25yr old, lol.

WayneChristie
09-11-2009, 08:08 PM
try some of the reservoirs around Brooks, you can get some decent fish from shore even, and the price is right :)

splitflame
09-11-2009, 09:03 PM
Go to the rowing club at Glenmore Res. Fish either the right or left side of the docks. Use a 6" metal lead and try a few different spoons. You should be able to get some pike.

Beazer
09-11-2009, 09:38 PM
Think you guys misunderstood my post.

Looking for a good guide service for a lake where it's about fishing, not leisure boating.

No reservoirs unless they're good producers.

eg. Tobin or Jaan Lake in Saskatchewan.

Except something like that in AB here but with someone experienced such as a guide.

Price isn't an issue.
Not having a boat is, until next year:)

Geezle
09-11-2009, 09:44 PM
You might want to look into Flotten in Saskatchewan :)

I'm not familiar with Flotten first hand, but I am familiar with the area, and there's TONS of great fishing up there, and I know that there's a guide outfit on Flotten.

Incidentally last time I was up in Meadow Lake I'd heard that Flotten was hot for big pike, though that was about 2 months ago.

FishinFreak
09-11-2009, 10:05 PM
www.winefredlakelodge.com would be my best suggestion; its north of Lac La Biche accessable by pickup; they offer accomidations, eats, guide, boat and best of all big fish :)

WayneChristie
09-11-2009, 11:21 PM
if its quality, numbers and not necessarily size? PM me lets talk pike

Beazer
09-12-2009, 02:22 AM
Yeah Meadow Lake is always great.
...but I've never heard of Flotten.
5hrs to Winfred is a tad much unless I have a little more time to book off.
But thanks for the heads up guys.

Pm incoming to Wayne.

Safety D
09-12-2009, 08:01 AM
I guide part time. Usually do 5 to 8 hour trips. PM if interested.

seahawkfisher
09-12-2009, 08:36 AM
try 5 hours from edmonton if you are driving