PDA

View Full Version : Talbot Lake conditions?

BanffJohn
05-20-2022, 12:59 PM
Anyone been up near Talbot Lake recently, and can confirm if it’s ice-free or not?
Much appreciated.

BanffJohn
05-23-2022, 12:00 PM
If anyone’s cares to know-it’s open and fishing great.

spin
05-25-2022, 03:59 PM
Thanks for the update John. For Talbot do you have any recommendations for how to catch pike and whitefish up there?

I'm heading up to Jasper at the end of June and any advice would be appreciated. I've only fished at Maligne lake when up in that area.

Thanks a lot!

Wazzy
05-25-2022, 05:09 PM
The pike will hit anything up there. (I’ve always tossed streamers on the flyrod) Usually not big, but lots of fun and often you can sight fish em in the clear shallows. Never targeted the whites, but there’s good ones. It suffered a significant summer kill last year that saw numerous big whites floating at the surface.

Cheers,

Wazzy

spin
05-26-2022, 09:07 AM
The pike will hit anything up there. (I’ve always tossed streamers on the flyrod) Usually not big, but lots of fun and often you can sight fish em in the clear shallows. Never targeted the whites, but there’s good ones. It suffered a significant summer kill last year that saw numerous big whites floating at the surface.

Cheers,

Wazzy

Thanks for the response! I'm hoping to catch some pike on the fly, never targeted them that way.

Any recommendations for streamers to use? So far I've tied some wooly buggers and pike bunnys.

Cheers,

Wazzy
05-27-2022, 05:24 PM
They ain’t picky…😉