PDA

View Full Version : Where to camp/ fish

hougie
05-22-2022, 08:10 PM
Evening fellas

I am looking for suggestions for camping/fishing spots this year. Live in east central Alberta. Usually go to Blood Indian but the fishing hasn’t been good last couple years. Can you guys recommend good pike/walleye lakes with campgrounds within a few hours of Castor? Thanks in advance

fish99
05-23-2022, 08:34 AM
cvr , lake newell, rolling hills. are some with good fishing and camping.

spoiledsaskhunter
05-23-2022, 08:43 AM
you're a brave man, hougie. hope you find someone to help you. :)

hougie
05-23-2022, 10:27 AM
Where is CVR?

freeride
05-23-2022, 10:35 AM
CVR = Crawling valley reservoir

hougie
05-23-2022, 10:35 AM
you're a brave man, hougie. hope you find someone to help you. :)

Haha because of what I am asking?? My dads 70th birthday this year, wanna take him to some new places and he loves fishing.

spoiledsaskhunter
05-23-2022, 09:59 PM
Haha because of what I am asking?? My dads 70th birthday this year, wanna take him to some new places and he loves fishing.
most guys get crucified for asking those kinds of questions here.....just hoping it doesn't happen to you. there was a thread earlier today where a guy was asking about gophers. you should have read about the help he got.:)

hougie
05-25-2022, 08:31 PM
Surprised actually by the lack of responses, thought there was a lot of fisherman with opinions on here.

Outbound
05-25-2022, 09:04 PM
Surprised actually by the lack of responses, thought there was a lot of fisherman with opinions on here.

You have 4 posts in the last 12 years. Nobody knows who you are. You have no rapport here. You haven't contributed. Guys aren't going to give up decent spots to just anyone, especially an unknown. You'll just get generic spots that you can find in any tourist guide.

Get a copy of the Backroad Mapbooks for your area, and research waterbodies in your area and do some exploring.

Dewey Cox
05-25-2022, 10:47 PM
He is asking for directions from Castor.
That puts him higher on the credibility scale.
:)
The lack of response is due to the fact that he's half way between the 2 biggest cities, and the options have disappeared.

hougie
05-26-2022, 05:11 AM
You have 4 posts in the last 12 years. Nobody knows who you are. You have no rapport here. You haven't contributed. Guys aren't going to give up decent spots to just anyone, especially an unknown. You'll just get generic spots that you can find in any tourist guide.

Get a copy of the Backroad Mapbooks for your area, and research waterbodies in your area and do some exploring.

Thanks for the reply. what do I need a rapport for, I didn’t ask for honey holes. Just lakes with decent fishing. Forgive me for not wanting to go exploring at $1.80 a liter dragging the kids around looking for lakes that still have fish.

Outbound
05-26-2022, 08:10 AM
Thanks for the reply. what do I need a rapport for, I didn’t ask for honey holes. Just lakes with decent fishing. Forgive me for not wanting to go exploring at $1.80 a liter dragging the kids around looking for lakes that still have fish.

Rapport makes people more willing to give better pointers. It was my thought as to why people aren't chipping in with info. I get not wanting to burn fuel these days, it sucks. Pay to play is becoming a real thing.

If you're in Castor, Buffalo Lake is northwest of you and has pike in it. I've heard it's decent. It has a couple provincial parks and a private campground as well.

35 whelen
05-26-2022, 08:13 AM
No offense man but you're on the internet do some internet scouting everything is there to find

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

WayneChristie
05-26-2022, 09:23 AM
used to camp and fish Pine lake, dont know what its like now but it used to be a great lake for walleye and pike and those little yellow stripey things too:fighting0074: since I moved down south I rarely camp to fish now but I dont fish lakes much until you can walk on them, and me being me, walking on water is even harder :bad_boys_20:
Beauvais lake used to have an awesome campground and was stocked with wee girlyfish and big browns too.
Beavermines is in that area too, what a beautiful place that is other than the man eating grizzlies:scared0018:

AlbertanGP
05-26-2022, 09:41 AM
I dont fish lakes much until you can walk on them

Sing it brother. :)