PDA

View Full Version : Hali Jigs

beermilk
09-11-2009, 09:48 PM
anyone know where to get these jigs ??

are they good for trout or just perch. I dont have much perch fishin up here but couple of trout spots i like to go to.

big zeke
09-11-2009, 11:37 PM
Are you referring to halibut jigs? the ones that weight about a pound and have huge 6/0 treble hooks and a bunch of rubbertails or feathers on them? I'd like to meet the perch (or trout for that matter) that could eat one.

BPS, Wholesale and Fishin Hole has a decent selection short of going onto a Vancouver Island supplier.

Zeke

BigBuck$
09-12-2009, 08:45 AM
Fishn' Hole in Calgary has them.

SuCraM
09-12-2009, 09:44 AM
Fishn' Hole in Calgary has them.

X2 on the fishin hole in Calgary that is where i get them and they work good for perch and pan size trout.

dss44
09-12-2009, 10:06 AM
I think you are refering to Mudrakers...they are everywhere and anywhere. You can order them online as well...may be cheaper than getting them in Alberta. May have the change the hooks as they can get pretty large for trout I'd imagine.

Mudslide
09-12-2009, 10:16 AM
I Think he would have a hard time catching a perch with a mudraker. Maybe if it landed on it: but hey, big lures, big fish. Just kidding!:evilgrin:

I think he means these http://www.shuckslures.com/home.html

beermilk
09-12-2009, 11:13 AM
yes i am talking about the ones mudslide posted there not very big lol always heard the ice fishin perch guys talkin about them. they called them hali jigs i dunno why maybe brand name or something.

anyways thanks for the help guys best bet around here for me is to order online i guess

Goater
09-12-2009, 12:52 PM
Are these them.
.http://modernicefishing.com/category/popular-ice-fishing-jigs

DarkAisling
09-12-2009, 12:59 PM
Are these them.
.http://modernicefishing.com/category/popular-ice-fishing-jigs

I got some of those at WSS here in Calgary.

dss44
09-12-2009, 01:40 PM
I've never seen those used for halibut actually...and I'm thinking they wouldn't work all that great compared to many other lures. but my bad. I know a lot of guys use anchovy heads when fishing for lake trout, whitefish, etc and using minnows and apparently that works well.

DarkAisling
09-12-2009, 03:03 PM
The jigs made by "Hali" are actually little ice fishing jigs, not "halibut" jigs :)

It can be a little confusing. It's just another conspiracy to get anglers all mixed-up. ;)

marlin1
09-12-2009, 07:51 PM
hali jigs are awsome for perch, got mine at the fishin hole in Calgary

wildman
09-13-2009, 06:52 PM
agreed!!!!
we've had great luck with them for trout, perch, 'eyes, and the odd pike and burbot over the last year!!!!!!!

dss44
09-13-2009, 09:00 PM
The jigs made by "Hali" are actually little ice fishing jigs, not "halibut" jigs :)

It can be a little confusing. It's just another conspiracy to get anglers all mixed-up. ;)

o for ****'s sake lol my mistake...typical west coast guide thinking hali = halibut since thats what we call em! Sorry guys.